VSN flyable aircraft mods

Downloading now. That was a super fast response!! Thanks and I will let you know how it goes for me!

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Is this one a JSGME activated mod? Also, in the mission editor what do I select as the country? Sorry to be a pest, but the help is appreciated!!

~Rob

I've personally had the best luck with the VSN mods by putting them directly into the default mod folder, I only used JSGME for terrains etc.

The flyable F4 will appear as yellow in a countries drop down list, if it's not there then that country can't have it as far as I know.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Razo+r, my apologies, I did not have the SAM site built correctly in my test mission.

I am able to fire Alarms by using the 'weapon fire' command, apparently it doesn't need 'weapon release'.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Glad you guys sorted it.

Robert, as you probably already noticed by now, they are not done for JSGME. The VSN aircrafts should be visible for all countries, if not, then check if the mod is installed correctly.

Ghostrider, no worries, at least you can do SEAD now ;)

Yep, I tried it the way you guys recommended and I ended up having some weird stuff going on. I unpacked it into my game, and didn't get a chance to try it out. Later I went to test a Huey skin and every time I selected a skin in the mission editor my game crashed.

I'm a well known tech dummy, so I'm not surprised I never got it to work lol.....I will try again.

~Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with Tail Hook. No response from Lalt + G as it is set up. I was also able to assign a joystick key for it but still no action. I see the command line in mods/aircraft/VSN_F14A/keyboard/default.lua {combos = {{key = 'G', reformers = {'LAlt'}}}, down = iCommandPlaneHook, name = _('Tail Hook'), category = _('Systems')},--Su33 . I'm also having the same problem with the VSN_F4E

I'm having an issue with Tail Hook. No response from Lalt + G as it is set up. I was also able to assign a joystick key for it but still no action. I see the command line in mods/aircraft/VSN_F14A/keyboard/default.lua {combos = {{key = 'G', reformers = {'LAlt'}}}, down = iCommandPlaneHook, name = _('Tail Hook'), category = _('Systems')},--Su33 . I'm also having the same problem with the VSN_F4E

Are you using the one with AFM or SFM?

Hello razo+r,

It appears I am using the one with AFM. VSN_F4E+AG+AFM v1.5.6.01 (Avionik mit CMD auswaelen).zip · 33.6 MB is what I downloaded.

After you mentioned what version I was using I went back and re-read from the beginning of this thread. I'm a bit noobish on modifying these files but starting to catch on but I'm not quite there yet.

My goal is to create a few missions for carrier landing practice. I would like to use the F-14 & F-4 for these in mission editor. So far I have replaced the F-14 AFM version with the VSN_F14A and the tail hook is functional.

I went back to my other mission I made with the F-4 and replaced with VSN_F4E_AG and VSN_F4E versions but no tail hook could be deployed.

So this is starting to clear things up for me regarding your reply which appears to have something to do with reasons for tail hook not working.

-Normal Aircrafts will use the AFM of the F-15C

-Carrier-based Aircrafts are using the SFM

-Carrier-based Aircrafts with the "AFM" in the name can't land on a carrier yet

The part I didn't understand is regarding SFM. What is that ?

The VSN_F14A tail hook works just fine and was able to land on the carrier.

However still having issues with deploying tail hook on the VSN_F4E. Are both of these SFM? Anybody else having same problem?

Ok, the F-4 has no hook animation but you are still able to land on a carrier with it

I'm not sure if it's with this mod or something else, but after installing this mod all of my fc3 planes are totally gone, by gone, I mean they are active in module manager, they can be chosen as player controlled in mission editor, but when I enter the game, poof, nothing happens, only f-10 menu, and the plane I'm supposed to fly is turned into AI.....even dozens of reinstall and repair did no help....

I'm not sure if it's with this mod or something else, but after installing this mod all of my fc3 planes are totally gone, by gone, I mean they are active in module manager, they can be chosen as player controlled in mission editor, but when I enter the game, poof, nothing happens, only f-10 menu, and the plane I'm supposed to fly is turned into AI.....even dozens of reinstall and repair did no help....

Try to reinstall the module only.

every thing tried, non of it worked, actually it's working on v2 and nttr but not on 1.5

if you copied the .dll's from aircraft in 2.1 to the mod then it won't work in 1.5 and visa versa as the .dll's are different per version, so you need to make a 1.5 version of the mod with 1.5 dll and 2.1 version with 2.1 dll

your issue with fc3 aircraft may be this too if you have an incorrect version fc3 dll in your saved games mod folder structure somewhere, remove the whole saved games folder store it somewhere, clean & repair and try the fc3 aircraft, if they now work then add back in the saved games folders one at a time checking for any rogue dll file as you go

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Do you have any other mods installed?

just some sounds and texture mods like the 104 terrain texture, nothing more than that.

actually I did some cleanups and repairs suggested by the support in my support ticket but no help

if you copied the .dll's from aircraft in 2.1 to the mod then it won't work in 1.5 and visa versa as the .dll's are different per version, so you need to make a 1.5 version of the mod with 1.5 dll and 2.1 version with 2.1 dll

your issue with fc3 aircraft may be this too if you have an incorrect version fc3 dll in your saved games mod folder structure somewhere, remove the whole saved games folder store it somewhere, clean & repair and try the fc3 aircraft, if they now work then add back in the saved games folders one at a time checking for any rogue dll file as you go

roger that, I'll give it a try and report it back here

thanks alot for the help :))