How to repair installation

Today I have noticed that I can no longer activate mission planer prior to mission start. It just shows blue screen with empty prograssbar in the bottom middle of the screen.

Also I have noticed that create quick mission option does nothing.

In my start menu I have no force update or repair options. I just don't want to reinstall everything all over again. How can I manually start repair or forced update?

Someone just please take a look at your windows start programs and copy here what update and repair shortcuts start. Thanks

Cheers

Edited by 102nd-YU-TazMan

Outta missiles, outta bullets, down to harsh language...

Which version of the simulator do you have installed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

During one campaign mission startup I got BSOD and I BELIEVE after that this behaviour started. I can'tstart quick mission planner nmor can start mission planner prior to mission start (campaign nor single mission).

I have ALL modules installed apart from P51D.

I REALLY don't want to reinstall everything. I hope repair or forced update will help. Just I don't have these shortcuts in start programs menu so it would be very helpful if someone could tell me how to start repair or forced update manually. I uess it's DCS_updater with some flags...

Cheers

If you get a BSOD, there is something more serious going on. Under windows 7 and Vista, it is impossible for a program to BSOD you unless the problem is in the OS or in the hardware. Can you look in Event Viewer to see what happened?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

My repair button in the start menu points to this file. You should be able to use explore to find it and create a shortcut on your desktop.

The quotes should probably be removed. Also the exact location will depend on the directory the game is installed in.

Also the word repair will not be on the file. You have to add it to the shortcut properties.

Good Luck

"C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Reinstall is your friend. In the time frame you have spent now, you could have reinstalled many times :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BSOD was a single occurrence and was caused by me experimenting with OC limits for my CPU and memory. It happened never before and never after that one time. I am not even sure that this is the time instance after which mission planner functionality ceased to work. My presumption was maybe that it corrupted some files.

This behavior is really strange, everything else works OK only when I click on fast mission builder menu option nothing happens, and when I click mission planer before clicking Fly button I get standard DCS progress bar stuck at 100% and the whole screen is filled with single color light blue. Mission planner button does this disregarding the type of the mission (single, campaign...). I can alt-tab and close DCS regularly.

Since I have BS2 upgrade license and FC2 is prerequisite for FC3 I would prefer to avoid complete reinstall... Licenses fiddling etc...

I unnstalled EVERYTHING, cleared registry of all mentiones of Eagle Dynamics and DCS and GUESS WHAT after reinstall:

I still can'tstart quick mission builder (nothing happens when I click the button) and mission planner button before clicking fly gives me strange light blue screen with DCS prgress bar at 100%.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled the newest versions and now I am really worried. Can someone give me some assistance to ge DCS fully functional again? Maybe this may be connected to some Catalyst settings.

Of couse, after uninstall I have deleted the folder manualy. Is there anytrhing special that I should delete to clear all traces of DCS configs on my machine? It seems to me that even after this reinstall procedure DCS World remembered my graphics settings...

[sOLVED]

The issue was with something saved / corrupted in Saved Games folder in Windows user folder. After deleting this SavedGames folder everything works fine. Unfortunatelly too late...

Unfortunately before finding this out I uninstalled everything, uninstalled Visual C++ Runtimes, made a mess out of my system... :(

When re-installing, use a different name for the directory. A registry clean wouldn't hurt either. If those don't work you might have to erase your user files, or at least back them up and erase.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

HI,

Judt wanted to know if you fix your problem, cause I'm having the same problem in my pc, use to work, needed to unistall, now I cant install game cause of errors. Dont know if there's something left around that is measing with my install.

If anyone can HELP pls.

<S>

Yes, I have solved my problem, deleted whole folder:

C:\Users\<windows username>\Saved Games\DCS

If deleting everything is too much for you (you loose all your settings) then you may experiment with deleting specific files and folder under this folder.

Cheers