Are ED still developing a fighter?

I know I missed it somewhere.. BUT.. why is it such a big deal that people know what the next aircraft is before it's further along? Curious.. Not being a smarta$$ I swear!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

I just hope that ED does the F-18 (preferablly the Superhornet(s)) that way they can be the first one to do carrier ops the right way. I want an F-16 but I feel that there are plenty of 3rd partys capable of that. I have a feeling the next aircraft will be announced later this year after combined arms, P-51, DCS world are done with beta. I think neveda and FC3 will be either open beta, released, or at least next on the list by the end of this year too. And I feel that ED is real busy right now. I feel they have a lot on their plate and now they have to help 3rd parties. Although they are making progress it might be awhile before we see DCS world full of aircraft.

Edited by KillarZ

I know I missed it somewhere.. BUT.. why is it such a big deal that people know what the next aircraft is before it's further along? Curious.. Not being a smarta$$ I swear!

Just maybe some impatience. There have been many releases since DCS first came out, and many more announcements as well. Many fighter jet fans waiting for a DCS level fighter all the while. I am just happy now there is one in the works. If the plans call for something else in the meantime, then I guess they are necessary.

It's like asking BMW what the next SUV will be like, specs, .. and when it's done. ;)

I would never ask that because BMW is a POS. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

I would be surprised if its NOT both the f-18 and f-16, maybe they are working on both at the same time, hence why they say even the aircraft may change, I mean we know nothing about how they do things in their office, Im sure they got plenty more aircraft and vehicles overall being coded, I mean look at the P-51D kind of a surprise to many, in the end whatever their plans are I trust they will make the right decision when the time comes and release the new American fixed wing jet, after all they are the people that brought us the A-10C Warthog, arguably the best combat flight sim to date.

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

I have money on the new aircraft being the Phantom Ray. Complete with cabin sat at Nellis and a fully interactive coffee pot. ;)

Hey it's a Jet and a Fighter, so matches the info there and we already have confirmed that they are working on Nellis. See all the hints are there. :)

Damn bet that would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Whats the big deal about wanting to know?

I just hoped for it since before they announced to do another fix wing and I built my cockpit last year specifically as a A10/F18 hybrid (F16 would work too for the cockpit besides its center stick).

I am even more interested in the F18 than in CA or Nevada,..though speaking that out...maybe not more than Nevada :)

Anyways, that's the big deal for me and I collected every rumor and reason I could get and my guts tell me that I built my cockpit the right way :-p

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Me too :)

dcsf18.jpg

Its a true picture from the future...but even the future is subject to change :)

Edited by Weltensegler
  • Like 1

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Me too :)

Its a true picture from the future...but even the future is subject to change :)

LOL:D 777 viewing? 777 is a lucky number!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

They told us that DCS:P51D was worked in paralel to DCS:Jet. But they forgot to told us what it truely means: DCS:P51D was relesed in this universe and DCS:Jet was/will be relesed in paralel universe :megalol:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1.6GHz, Ati Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5, 19' 1440x900 screen

As long as the 51D is present which actaully means (51 years stuck in a (D)og pen)

This is the Jet age F-16 and F18 with the (F/A) acronym in it a multirole Attack Fighter... USAF POWER!

Simple really!

When things are like.... They told us.... they forgot to tell us...oh boy that sounds like trouble for both parties involved...:doh:

I just hope its not a parallel universe of the original release of FSX.

Please time warp me back in time or .... Back to the Future.... hahahahaha LoL

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Psht, everyone knows its actually a multiverse and on Earth 43533 they started the DCS series with a fast mover while us on Earth Prime got the Ka-50 and A-10C first. At least we were lucky, Earth 47 got DCS: Wright Flyer. :music_whistling:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Psht, everyone knows its actually a multiverse and on Earth 43533 they started the DCS series with a fast mover while us on Earth Prime got the Ka-50 and A-10C first. At least we were lucky, Earth 47 got DCS: Wright Flyer. :music_whistling:

:lol: thanks mate, you just made my day!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!