Can't get Speed Brake to Work

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Hi,

I've mapped Speed Brake Extend/Retract (the toggle option) to one of the buttons in my T Flight Hotas X but nothing happens when I press the button. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Solved. I was incorrectly using RETRACT/OFF command instead of the EXTEND and RETRACT commands. And yes, to extend you need to hold down the button/key. Thanks!

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

That might be for a 3 way custom toggle switch? on/off/on

Not sure it would work on a toggle up/down because you are meant to be able to stop the brake deployment by releasing the switch at anytime, it will close all the way tho with one click. If you are running out of buttons, have you considered using one as a modifier button, that will double your button count.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

That might be for a 3 way custom toggle switch? on/off/on

Not sure it would work on a toggle up/down because you are meant to be able to stop the brake deployment by releasing the switch at anytime, it will close all the way tho with one click. If you are running out of buttons, have you considered using one as a modifier button, that will double your button count.

Yes I've used a modifier + button. I opted for the 'toggle' command option. I assume that means press once it extends and press again it retracts, like in the F-15C. But nothing happens. I was thinking if there were preconditions I needed to comply with first. Hmmm... might be a button programming issue.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Press and hold.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|