Making the text larger

Neil Gardner

I've put the GUI option on since I got my 4K monitor and everything has expanded to accommodate the greater size etc, except for the text that is brought up when you press Rshift and Pause break. Does anyone know how to make this bigger as I am an old codger and it is far too small for me at the mo.

Got a screenshot? No text appears on the screen when I press RShift+Pause/Break.

I looked at the F/A-18c key commands, and also in the General Category, and nothing uses those keys at all. Maybe is specific to some other plane you are flying??

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I think he means the RCtrl+Pause and diagnosctics data in top left corner. I'm not sure if anyone managed to make a mod to bump up its size, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I had a mod to do that a long time ago.. But I don't have it anymore..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Why not just turn your game resolution back down to 1920 x 1080?

The performance in 4k is likely to be dire anyway?

That's exactly what I did. I have a 4K monitor and I could barely read the text. I went into the Options System tab and selected1920x1080 for my monitor resolution and selected the Full Screen option. I don't know why it does it, but DCS window opens as a 1/4 window on my desktop. I just left-click on my desktop, and the window changes to full size. I use the mouse click method because when I do RCtrl+enter, I can't cilick on anything in my cockpit.

As a side benefit, my FPS is almost twice the FPS I get when using 3840x2160 in the sim.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1