Cougar MFD's and F/A 18C

I have two set up and working fine, but not sure what switch would be most useful on the ( SYM ) switches of the cougars. All button's plus bright, contrast, and gains are assigned. What are you using on your sym switches.?

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I just map what's intuitive and close to the switches of the real A/C. Say for the Hornet, the Upper Left Corner SYM switches to the A/A and A/G Modes and the Lower Left as Master Arm On/Off.

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Hi Foxfire,

What I did is to map the OSBs, but left the bright/SYM and side buttons to function that I need access like lights, heading bug and course selection.

Besides that I use a modifier button to make the OSBs to have a second funcion, then I use it for A/A, Master Arm, Ejection Selection Buttons and so on.

Good luck,

Sydy

• 1 year later...

As others stated, AA, AG, Master Arm, NAV or STOL modes for different aircrafts.

Refuel probe.

Hook

TID repeater

Balt/Ralt

Night/day hud

However the most useful usage I have found is assigning the pressure QNH for setting altimeter. Using the mouse to deal with that is utterly annoying.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle