New to DCS, Need Help with Saitek X52 for A10C - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #21
Cacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyll View Post
Nose wheel steering and lase are the same button press on the hotas. So while you are on the ground, that press would toggle your nws. While you are flying, it will activate the laser (assuming your target is not masked by terrain or your aircraft body).

So I assume he mapped that to the click of the mouse wheel. Not sure about the other mapping though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Cacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #22
TechRoss

Sorry to hijack, also a noob with a X52 Pro, got my stick setup the way I like but would like to add more with the rotary and sliders. I am trying to understand bands. I setup bands on the one slider 5% - 90% - 5% and want to use the for Airbrakes.

Tried assigning shft-B and CTRL-B in the profile software, that didn't work and I cannot see how to use it in the sim.
TechRoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
Cacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRoss View Post
Sorry to hijack, also a noob with a X52 Pro, got my stick setup the way I like but would like to add more with the rotary and sliders. I am trying to understand bands. I setup bands on the one slider 5% - 90% - 5% and want to use the for Airbrakes.

Tried assigning shft-B and CTRL-B in the profile software, that didn't work and I cannot see how to use it in the sim.
In the Logitech Saitek Software, I left clicked on the arrow in the upper right corner of the box for "Rotary 1" and selected "Bands". Three band boxes opened up (0-33%, 33-67%,67-100%). In the first band, I entered the commands " LShift" and "B" and labled it "Airbrakes Closed". For the third band, I entered the commands "RCTRL" and "B", labled it "Airbrakes Open", and then Saved.

When I first tried it in the game, I didn't think it worked. Make sure the profile is loaded. Even loaded, it didn't appear to work but I forgot how "modeled" the A10C is. The engines have to be running to get the hydraulic power necessary to make the airbrakes work. Once I did that, everything works!
Old 06-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #24
TechRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacher View Post
In the Logitech Saitek Software, I left clicked on the arrow in the upper right corner of the box for "Rotary 1" and selected "Bands". Three band boxes opened up (0-33%, 33-67%,67-100%). In the first band, I entered the commands " LShift" and "B" and labled it "Airbrakes Closed". For the third band, I entered the commands "RCTRL" and "B", labled it "Airbrakes Open", and then Saved.!
finally got this working, had to map the Keys a little differently and went with N and B then mapped those in the game. Works like a charm now.
TechRoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #25
Cacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRoss View Post
finally got this working, had to map the Keys a little differently and went with N and B then mapped those in the game. Works like a charm now.

Glad to hear it worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk