Rank Promotion

Eaglewings

I was doing some more trapping on the carrier and I closed to go again. I got the message "Congratulations! You have been promoted to " First lieutenant"!

Really satisfying.

I wish to know the criteria for the award? Hours recorded in flight or my success at landing on the carrier.

Landing score 76

Is this like a rating because I am not sure I have done landing 76 times.

Cheers.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I was doing some more trapping on the carrier and I closed to go again. I got the message "Congratulations! You have been promoted to " First lieutenant"!

Really satisfying.

I wish to know the criteria for the award? Hours recorded in flight or my success at landing on the carrier.

Landing score 76

Is this like a rating because I am sure I have done landing 76 times.

Cheers.

Unless the system has been changed in recent years(which I doubt), then its simply down to flight hours.

Edit: sniped again.

JJ

The ranking system is based on flight hours and is as following:

Second Lieutenant: 0

First Lieutenant: 15

Captain: 30

Major: 60

Lieutenant Colonel: 120

Colonel: 240

Yes thats the way it has always been.

With the Hornet, it would be good with the naval ranks in addition to the USAF/USMC ones - ie. :

Ensign: 0

Lieutenant jr grade: 15

Lieutenant: 30

Lieutenant Commander: 60

Commander: 120

Captain: 240

JJ

It looks like the hour-logged criteria still stands.

Just checked and flight hours says 15hrs.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Wow....I keep getting knocked down a grade or two. Those pesky court marshals and article 15's.
If you ve logged in 15hrs or 30hrs as the case maybe and you are getting degraded, then, some more element come to play to have promotion.

Are shooting down friendly assets?

Is total hours or max hours in on airframe?

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Is total hours or max hours in on airframe?

Total hours

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

To get a major with 60 hrs, thats a joke. I would see it rather like this

Lt : 150

Capt : 300

Major : 800 and a campaign completed

Lt Col : 1600

Col : 3200

• Like 1

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

To get a major with 60 hrs, thats a joke. I would see it rather like this

Lt : 150

Capt : 300

Major : 800 and a campaign completed

Lt Col : 1600

Col : 3200

You do realize its a video game not a full time job? Assuming 2000 working hours as an avarage per year you'll reach Lt Col in 9,6 months and Col in 19 months - assuming playing conctantly 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, no cigarate or lunch breaks included :P. Reaching 1000 hours in a single video game title is a lot. I mean really a lot.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

You do realize its a video game not a full time job? Assuming 2000 working hours as an avarage per year you'll reach Lt Col in 9,6 months and Col in 19 months - 8 hours per day, 5 days a week :). Reaching 1000 hours in a single video game title is a lot. I mean really a lot.

I realize that this is a tough thing. But there is no free beer. I got 686 hrs filed on the F16C sim since 1999. I spent endless flights and missions. I got roughly 800 hrs on the A330 and 6 hrs in the level D sim. All realtime. This does not come for free.

You get your ppl with 45hrs. I see no reason why you would need less hours to get a virtual PPL in sim.

See, I think this is a simulator and anything I consider a sim, shall have a more realistic touch.

There are plenty of other "sims" which i call video games

• Like 1

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

dcs is still a piece of entertainment software in the end, dont get ahead of yourself.

OK

With the Hornet, it would be good with the naval ranks in addition to the USAF/USMC ones - ie. :

Ensign: 0

Lieutenant jr grade: 15

Lieutenant: 30

Lieutenant Commander: 60

Commander: 120

Captain: 240

Here you go. It will be updated once 2.5.2 hits the stable branch.

Just be aware going from 2.2.x to 2.5.x might blow away your logbook details so if it's important to you it might be a good idea to back it up before a major update.

And yes I kept my logbook details,.. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Here you go. It will be updated once 2.5.2 hits the stable branch.

Any chance to get the Swiss Air Force too?

That's interesting I've been Group Captain for seemingly ever now.:music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I am making missions in the ME and I test them all the time, not even spawning in, just monitoring checking all the AI and I get medals all the time :lol:

I crashed my Mirage repeatedly for three days and got promoted. My current national cost is probably over a billion euros, but I sometimes land that Mirage using only a keyboard and a mouse, so I guess I deserve some kind of medal, don't I ;)