XTAL developing Gaming Edition

ram0506

The VRgineers will develop a Gaming Edition of their high-end VR-headset XTAL:

The 3 Youtube Pimax-testers SweViver, Voodoo.DE and MRTV will be involved in this development.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Now you guys maybe understand what I was announcing when I was disappointed with Pimax5K+ in the end.

There is not a problem even in the high price of the product if it's really worth it.

I have a great expectation with this one. I know the VRginiers developing this headset way longer than Pimax with 8/5K. I'm expecting this could be released on market even in Q3 2019.

I also now expecting more good news with StarVR. As I predict before StarVR is coming to the consumer market as well so Pimax made a huge mistake with overpricing they product and push it to early to the market without fixing major problems which StarVR and XTAL already have solved even before reaching a real market.

So there is no time to spend the fortune for Pimax. SO+ is great and even Lenovo Explorer is great value for money to enter into VR world until this next-gen VR HMD coming out.

Now you guys maybe understand what I was announcing when I was disappointed with Pimax5K+ in the end.

There is not a problem even in the high price of the product if it's really worth it.

I have a great expectation with this one. I know the VRginiers developing this headset way longer than Pimax with 8/5K. I'm expecting this could be released on market even in Q3 2019.

I also now expecting more good news with StarVR. As I predict before StarVR is coming to the consumer market as well so Pimax made a huge mistake with overpricing they product and push it to early to the market without fixing major problems which StarVR and XTAL already have solved even before reaching a real market.

So there is no time to spend the fortune for Pimax. SO+ is great and even Lenovo Explorer is great value for money to enter into VR world until this next-gen VR HMD coming out.

StarVR is out of business and VRginiers are selling only a overprice piece of "Professional Tag". For me, any company using the "PRO tag" is a not go, same shit with HTC. Pro Tag only means we are not good enough engineers to reduce production cost or we need the money desperately.

I am not saying that Pimax is the best experience but for the price (kickstarts price) is far better value.

By the way, I remember the three VR musketeer talking about VRginiers, StarVR, and Pimax and they clearly affirmed that Pimax was the best option for the price.

StarVR is out of business and VRginiers are selling only a overprice piece of "Professional Tag". For me, any company using the "PRO tag" is a not go, same shit with HTC. Pro Tag only means we are not good enough engineers to reduce production cost or we need the money desperately.

I am not saying that Pimax is the best experience but for the price (kickstarts price) is far better value.

By the way, I remember the three VR musketeer talking about VRginiers, StarVR, and Pimax and they clearly affirmed that Pimax was the best option for the price.

Well, they said they are going the Private Equity route. It doesn't automatically mean they are going to sweat the existing assets. So there is a chance that this will focus them a bit more. Good or bad for gaming is TBD.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I had my 5K+ delivered yesterday. It's awesome. Far, far better than the SO I had before.

It's a busy week for me but I'll post a more detailed review by the weekend hopefully.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I´m still waiting for my 5K+. But nonetheless looking forward to more infos and news about the XTAL Gaming Edition next year.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I had my 5K+ delivered yesterday. It's awesome. Far, far better than the SO I had before.

It's a busy week for me but I'll post a more detailed review by the weekend hopefully.

No doubt as a backer you made a great deal with supporting Pimax. It is great HMD don't get me wrong but for the market it is overpriced. Sorry 700$ just for HMD without ASW (Brain warp) support, without proper tracking, without controllers, without proper headmount or audio support.

Sorry, I can't support such policy and I will be a hypocrite if I was complaining to the same to Oculus and now supporting it with Pimax. Simply I can't.

XTAL is further stepped forward and I'm willing even pay it more if it worth it.

In the end, XTAL consumer version will cost same as Pimax but will offer a much better experience.

I'm looking forward to finally got some proper evaluation for DCS users.

Edited by wormeaten

Nice ....can't wait.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Future looks interesting. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Awesome. BTW, what was your backer number? Trying to gauge when I can expect mine.

Thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1