X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

:

1. Multiple button presses being fired when running TeamSpeak 3(confirmed by mad catz tech support).To replicate this just run TS and open the test page and press a programmed button. The joy button must be programmed with a key press

That's a problem inherited from X-52 Pro i believe.

Teamspeak settings > Hot Keys > Mouse & Keyboard Only was the fix.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an x52 Pro for 4 years and never had any problems with Teamspeak or any repeating keystrokes.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Has anyone found a fix for this. I have the same problem with a lot of random key presses when moving the throttle. I have gone back and forth with support. Change my lines form jagged to smooth, no dice. Not running usb hub. Legacy in the BIOS makes no difference.

Right now I have a $200 paper weight.

remember to go into controls and reassign all the axes for each plane, for some reason DCS recognizes both X and Y axes and another axes for each stick and throttle. You have to assign them individually so they don't collide with one another.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have not heard of keypresses from moving the throttle. Do you have keypresses assigned to your throttle in the HUD programming software? Do you see them in the HUD Test window or in a game? And what keys are they?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I can go into the HUD make a test profile and assign button presses to all the buttons and toggles on the throttle. Go to test profile and start working my throttle and will get random key presses. It is affecting all the switches and the to HAT buttons on the side of throttle.

I got fed up with it and wiped my windows installation and started fresh. Still does it.

I then took out my old gaming system with Vista and Intel Dual core E8400. EVGA mother board. Worked like a charm. Made same test profile and worked the throttle for a good 30 minutes. Not one random key press with out my doing.

Took X-55 to my brothers house where he has just built an i7 core with Windows 7 64bit and MSI motherboard. Not one random key press from throttle.

Came back home and plug back into my system and it failed after first minute of sliding the freaking throttle up and down.

My system is AMD processor X4 955 Black . Win 7 64bit with ASUS Crosshair III Formula. Its either AMD or Asus motherboard causing my problem. Have bios flashed to latest version.

This is driving me mad!!

I would contact support and get a replacement. Moving the throttle should not send any keypresses.

A replacement won't solve the problem...I had two x-55 do the same thing (ghost presses ) on 3 different machines...All AMD btw. What I suggest is you all call tech support and report over the phone to the following people(they are fully aware of this issue),maybe then madcatz/Saitek will get off their asses and fix this. make sure you call during the day in order to get ahold of them(California time)

Raymond Ruiz

rruiz@madcatz.com

or

Victor Milian

phone toll free at:

1 (800) 659-2287

BTW I have the same processor as you big10

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Raven, yea it works like a champ on the 2 intel machines i tesed it on. So I know if i got a replacment it would do the same thing.

So what am i supposed to do, drop $500 to change over to intel just to get this damn stick to work.

Have you told tech support about the stick not working correctly on AMD . What did you end up doing?

In my case it isn't fixed, and yes I spoke to then directly and explained the issues posted here. Its not been confirmed its an AMD issue ,but there's something of a common denominator here with 90% of the people with this problem having AMD chipsets. Best thing to do is call them directly to put a fire under there butts and get them to acknowledge that there's and issue with either their drivers or their software(I'm betting its the driver, but that's just my hunch) and to be more clear, IMO,its probably an issue/conflict between their drivers and USB2...interestingly enough...I also have the x45 and NO issues with it for a decade.ALSO whats interesting is that fix posted way back regarding the broken line thing...worked...for about an hour....So its gotta be software IMO.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

People having this issue should also know there's a workaround. If you make a shifted button on the joystick to apply to all the throttle buttons, it solves the problem as its not a direct button command but "2" button commands if ya follow my meaning? example...G for gear on the throttle for a switch will give you a ghost press when in flight. Change it to say pinky button(on the joystick) plus sw1 button on the throttle and presto , no ghosting for the gear.This doesn't apply to the joystick, only commands for the throttle. Why this is, I got no idea, but it works. We shouldn't have to do it this way though, as it means we can't use the profiler directly.It also means double button commands for all programmed buttons for the throttle...pain in the ass. This is all done in the dcs editor btw not the x55 software program.

So in short...ALL my throttle commands are double programmed to a button press on my joystick...

button x on joystick plus button x on throttle = command = zero ghosting

lots of edits to this post so it should be ok now

Edited by Raven434th

I have updated my bios to latest version for my board. Its about 5 years old i think. When i loaded the HUD software it had the smooth profile selected allready. They have it set in their mind that is the fix for our problem. I beleive it is not.

Raven, do you still have the x-55 or were you able to get a full refund?

In my case I kept both as I believe they will eventually fix it, and I have a workaround for DCS which is what I bought the hotas for...But I did have the option to return it for refund...I choose to wait it out.

Raven, what motherboard are you using.

I tried to see if i could find deivers to update my usb ports but could not.

We should not have to do that whole work around. I use mine mainly for Cliffs of Dover. I do not know if i can do the shift button workaround.

my 3 desktop comps are all msi..laptop is acer...I tested on 2 of my desktops and the laptop, so its not an msi issue...unless its an msi AND acer issue??...but I think not. All are usb2.0 though and AMD chipsets.

my 3 desktop comps are all msi..laptop is acer...I tested on 2 of my desktops and the laptop, so its not an msi issue...unless its an msi AND acer issue??...but I think not. All are usb2.0 though and AMD chipsets.

My old intel is EVGA witb usb 2.0. My brothers new i7 rig is MSI with usb 3.0. It worked fine on both.

I had the same ghost buttons pressed in my new X-55 also and i have an Intel 2500K.

The first answers from Mad Catz were not very useful. They were asking about Windows Administration Panel to be sure if both the throttle and the stick were recognized correctly, and they were OK. Then they asked me about testing in another PC but i don´t have other to test it.

Finally they hit the target, at least in my case.

I had the X-55 throttle pluged at the back on a 2.0 USB port, and the Stick at the front on a 3.0 USB port.

Then i updated my motherboard drivers, including USB 3.0 support and finaly i had plugged both X-55 elements at the back in both 3.0 USB.

Now 3 days latter, i have no issues with ghost buttons moving my throttle, and is working flawless.

Maybe this could help someone.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hmm...well that seems to support a USB 2.0 port issue

Its got to be my motherboard. I have gone to asus support page to look for usb updated drivers but no luck. I have a gut feeling that the only fix to my issuse is a new mother board. I do not have a usb hub so i can atleast rule that out.

I have a MSI P67A-C45 (MS-7673) motherboard if this helps someone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

For me this is an issue for the Saitek, not from DCS default settings, but it´s very easy to solve it. Simply erasing double settings and all runs fine again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]