Alerax's LSO AI Script

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Alerax & all involved in sharing and supporting this challenging "mod"

PS: When on the cat and told to abort, how can I disengage ?

Regards Shad

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Amazing work man, seriously. I honestly cant wait to be able to do full Case III's without spending the whole time pretending I'm actually talking to marshal haha. Absolutely fantastic.

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

Hi Alerax,

First, congrats for your mod. I flew your mission and it is abosutely fantastic.

I have tried to add your mode following your explanations but I have this error.

Would you know what it is ?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzxE8RP5ovt0UcGIOW442M70Wyc

You named the stennis the right way? (Unitname should be Stennis_AI)

Gesendet von meinem BLN-L21 mit Tapatalk

Script Error message

I have created several missions using your LSO script. I was editing one of them (non LSO related) and received this script error message (attached) when I started it, which renders the LSO script inop. Any idea what's causing it and how to fix it? It's an awesome script btw, donation via PayPal on its way. Thank you!

Script_Error.JPG.39629ab122fd402e0b112eae32effadf.JPG

I have created several missions using your LSO script. I was editing one of them (non LSO related) and received this script error message (attached) when I started it, which renders the LSO script inop. Any idea what's causing it and how to fix it? It's an awesome script btw, donation via PayPal on its way. Thank you!
See my post above...

Gesendet von meinem BLN-L21 mit Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues with the script after the last update?(OB) The script responds to requests (Marshall, Pattern) but doesn't seem to detect aircraft position accurately. My squad is running the OB release, my guess it ED broke/changed a trigger behavior which in turn breaks the script.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.

Happy New year!

Pono

I still cannot make the grade export function work :cry:

I do use DCS release Version and I have installed the sim in WIN 10 (It was not working neither before in WIN7)

The text in my MissionScripting lua is

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

--sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

But I do not even have this folder:

“YOURNAME/Saved Games/DCS(.openbeta)/Mods/Alerax_LSO_AI”)

As I suppose should be created by the script.

I do have 2 MIssionScripting.lua in my system. One is in the sim main directory in the scripts folder and another one is in Saved games /Scripts. Both have the same lines sanitized.

Is there any other know mod that may affect this function? Do the export lua also contain provisions for such function included as it is required for Simple radio or Tacview?

We are starting a Greenie Board in our Sqadron and this fucntion would be most useful.

Edited by Furia

Hi, all, I keep getting this script error over the last few days and haven't seen it before. I only have this script on this mission. Any ideas? Cheers

Untitled.jpg.396cdd2a73f9a33ee917804d16328786.jpg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

It is named Stennis_AI as it should be.

Any other ideas?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Have you tried the same mission with the release version?

There are some errors reported with the Open Beta when using the script

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I only use the open beta. It used to work without issue. Must be just a recent problem then, weirdly it works with some types of missions and others not. Thanks for the heads up and hopefully he'll have a fix or find a work around for this great script.

Hi, all, I keep getting this script error over the last few days and haven't seen it before. I only have this script on this mission. Any ideas? Cheers

I'm getting a similar error except mine is on line 1459. It has to be an issue with OB version because there are no issues when I run the same mission in the stable (release) version.

Thanks for this outstanding script Alerax. It really adds depth and control to the environment.

Question/clarification for the pros here:

The notes in post #1 say up to 2 flights supported. And I've gathered from tinkering and this thread that each flight is maxed at 2 ships. The math works.our to 4 a/c max in the stack.

However, I saw one post here that mentioned 6 aircraft present and another that mentioned up to 15.

Does the 4 A/C limit still apply here and that any extra will need to remain clear or stack above controlled stack until they trap?

Or

Does the script handle more than the 4 and I simply misunderstood the post?

Or

4 flights of 2 are perfectly acceptable?

Just need a little clarification.

Thanks

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have fixed the problem I had regarding exporting the grades to a file. The conflit was created by the use of the mod DAWN that was also temporarily replacing the file "MissionScripting.lua" but the fix is easy.

If you want to use both DAWNS and Alerax LSO Script the solution is easy. Just edit the file"MissionScripting.lua" that comes with the DAWN Mod and add Alerax modifications and both Mod and LSO script work real nice together :thumbup:

We are running it on both of our servers and have the same issue. I believe it's related to the OB bug were you cannot move the ships with Combined arms. Since we run a 24/7 server all ships start out stopped (if even they creep in at 10kts to wpt 0.) Once the ship is stopped the scripted reports the ships BRC is 360 and final bearing is 351, even if the ships heading is 270 etc. This would make sense on why the script isn't reporting aircraft position (i.e It thinks the ship is pointing a different direction).

How-ever if I place a route in the ME and load the same .miz the script reports and works fine until the ship stop moving.

This appears to be an OB issue and not a script issue, We do not run a "Stable" server for the obvious reasons(we want the new toys first). How-ever I just wanted to share my finding with the group for review and comment. This is a great script and once ED sorts out the beta release I'm sure it will be back to ops normal. We are looking forward to using this with the Bug and the Turkey (like everyone else).

Thanks!

Pono

Edited by dans679