DCS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchase / Open Beta Available

Wags

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more question:

I bought A-10C from Gamersgate, BS2 from GetGamesGo, and CA from the DCS site. Is it okay if I download all three from the DCS site and install them? I did that and I can play just fine, but the game never asked me to activate A-10C or BC2. I can't use the manual activation method because I don't have the shortcuts for those games. I did activate them before I reinstalled them, so maybe I don't need to activate again?

Is it okay if I download all three from the DCS site and install them?............I did activate them before I reinstalled them, so maybe I don't need to activate again?

Yes and Yes, you are correct - no need to activate again, unless you deactivated due to a hardware/configuration change.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

is it possible to start in the a-10c then switch to a Jtac maybe a HMMV locate a target and lase it and then jump back to the hog? I can switch to a ground unit from the hog but there is no option to go back to the hog that I can see and F2 Right Alt + J does not work =(

is it possible to start in the a-10c then switch to a Jtac maybe a HMMV locate a target and lase it and then jump back to the hog? I can switch to a ground unit from the hog but there is no option to go back to the hog that I can see and F2 Right Alt + J does not work =(

No, the ground vehicle would revert to AI when you leave it. Not sure why RALT-J isn't working though.

Nate

To install CA

My install location C:\Eagle Dynamics world 102

#1 Install DCS world 1.2.0 4.92Gb

http://www.digitalco...product&lang=en

#2 Install Combined Arms 1.2.0 19.98Mb

http://www.digitalco...pos=136&lang=en

#3 Install Aircraft (Only the ones that you have paid for)

A_10 1.2.0 734.25Mb http://www.digitalco...pos=136&lang=en

P_51 1.2.0 174.42Mb http://www.digitalco...pos=136&lang=en

BS2 1.2.0 455.95Mb http://www.digitalco...pos=136&lang=en ?

Thanks ED :thumbup:

Note: External view not working.

Tutorial audio not working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ASUS Rampage II Extreme, i7 930@4.2GHz, Water cooled, 6GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600, RevoDrive3 X2 240GB, ATI 7970, Antek 1000w, Sony 46", HP TouchScreen, Helios, TIR 5, TM Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Win 7 64.

I agree it is a bit complicated - Uninstall your current DCS:-World, then install DCS:-World 1.2.0 and then any 1.2.0 modules for the aircraft you own. That's it.

Nate

Nate,

Is it necessary to uninstall the current DCS:World? Wouldn't overwriting the contents in the current DCS:World folder work or does this generate potential conflict/issues because it was a beta?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Nate,

Is it necessary to uninstall the current DCS:World? Wouldn't overwriting the contents in the current DCS:World folder work or does this generate potential conflict/issues because it was a beta?

It's safer to uninstall - the previous versions were BETA.

It's also smart to clean out the \Saved Games\DCS since it contains beta-stuff. (Key-binding have changed btw).

You'll loose some settings, but it'll work better once you're ingame after you have reconfigured it again.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

It's safer to uninstall - the previous versions were BETA.

It's also smart to clean out the \Saved Games\DCS since it contains beta-stuff. (Key-binding have changed btw).

You'll loose some settings, but it'll work better once you're ingame after you have reconfigured it again.

Ahhh thank you so much for your lightening response sir. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Ok Stupid question, I have purchased CA and installed DCS World 1.2.0 and installed CA beta and I cant find out how to activate it with my serial key that was sent to me, when I installed CA the $ sign went from the icon.

Cheers Stephen

The first time you run the game the activation window will pop up and allow you to enter the key.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ok Stupid question, I have purchased CA and installed DCS World 1.2.0 and installed CA beta and I cant find out how to activate it with my serial key that was sent to me, when I installed CA the $ sign went from the icon.

Cheers Stephen

When you next try to enter the Sim it will ask for the Key.

EDIT:-Too slow :) Time for bed I think....

Nate

When you next try to enter the Sim it will ask for the Key.

EDIT:-Too slow :) Time for bed I think....

Nate

Thats not working for me im not getting any box asking for my serial key for CA when i restart DCS World. How would I know if I can play a CA mission so I know its working ??

OK this is still not working for me I can not get a screen asking for my serial key for CA.

I have been running DCS world 1.2.1 prior to 1.2.0 and it was working with my P51D & A10 purchase.

I have uninstalled 1.2.1 and deleted the save games folder and then reboot my machine and installed DCS World 1.2.0 from the torrent file and when I start the game I have $$ icons by every module.

Install CA 1.2.0.63205

The installer runs as it should, all the files are present in the Mods/tech/CombinedArms folder, and in the main menu screen the CA icon is present and does not have the dollar sign against it now. In the options menu i have control input mappings for Ground units available.

The problem begins when i try to select a campaign or an instant-action: the CA tab is missing from both those menus (though the SU-25, A10 & P51 tabs are there). Further, the stock single-missions are missing from the menu (though all mission and campaign files are present).

In addition, the program never asked for my registration, as it did the very first time I installed the P51 beta into 1.2.1

I have attempted the following to fix this:

• remove and re-install world 1.2.0
  • reinstalled CA module
  • Backup and remove all Eagle Dynamics registry keys: this caused me to have to re-enter my A-10 license, P51 license. but never ever asked for a CA license.

All of the solutions i attempted have had the same result: there is no change to the problem. I am never asked for a CD-key for CA

Any help would be greatly appreciated or a refund would be fine untill this issue is fixed.

Cheers Stephen:(

Stephen, there isnt a tab for it as far as I am aware.

If you go to the mission editor you should see the extra icon described in the manual. Other thing to do is load a mission from the CA missions and go in to the map view and see if you can take over a vehicle. Check the manual for the new map icons.

Finally I got it sorted out.

It wasnt untill I managed to try and start a mission that was in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Missions\EN\Single

which I had to search for under the dir structure in DCS World that a window popped up saying I had to register the product to play the mission, i was then able to enter my CD key.

Its a bit of a stupid way to register a product by only popping up the box once you try to play a mission that CA uses and I can see this causing any new players who have never played any DCS products or DCS World a real issue.

There were no missions for CA under instant action, create fast mission or training and these are the places any newbie will look first and should be the place the serial key is activated.

Anyway its working, thanks to metalnwood which prompted me to look for a CA mission to load.

OK this is still not working for me I can not get a screen asking for my serial key for CA.

I have been running DCS world 1.2.1 prior to 1.2.0 and it was working with my P51D & A10 purchase.

I have uninstalled 1.2.1 and deleted the save games folder and then reboot my machine and installed DCS World 1.2.0 from the torrent file and when I start the game I have $$ icons by every module.

Install CA 1.2.0.63205

The installer runs as it should, all the files are present in the Mods/tech/CombinedArms folder, and in the main menu screen the CA icon is present and does not have the dollar sign against it now. In the options menu i have control input mappings for Ground units available.

The problem begins when i try to select a campaign or an instant-action: the CA tab is missing from both those menus (though the SU-25, A10 & P51 tabs are there). Further, the stock single-missions are missing from the menu (though all mission and campaign files are present).

In addition, the program never asked for my registration, as it did the very first time I installed the P51 beta into 1.2.1

I have attempted the following to fix this:

• remove and re-install world 1.2.0
  • reinstalled CA module
  • Backup and remove all Eagle Dynamics registry keys: this caused me to have to re-enter my A-10 license, P51 license. but never ever asked for a CA license.

All of the solutions i attempted have had the same result: there is no change to the problem. I am never asked for a CD-key for CA

Any help would be greatly appreciated or a refund would be fine untill this issue is fixed.

Cheers Stephen:(

there is no 1.2.1. it was 1.1.2.1 now it's 1.2.0.

you can not install this over a previous installation thats your problem you can only install 1.2.0 it is not a patch its a stand alone install.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Finally I got it sorted out.

It wasnt untill I managed to try and start a mission that was in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Missions\EN\Single

which I had to search for under the dir structure in DCS World that a window popped up saying I had to register the product to play the mission, i was then able to enter my CD key.

Its a bit of a stupid way to register a product by only popping up the box once you try to play a mission that CA uses and I can see this causing any new players who have never played any DCS products or DCS World a real issue.

There were no missions for CA under instant action, create fast mission or training and these are the places any newbie will look first and should be the place the serial key is activated.

Anyway its working, thanks to metalnwood which prompted me to look for a CA mission to load.

yeah, it's not perfect, but it is how all of the modules do it..

Mustang will ask you for a key the first time you load a /miz with a mustang in it...

A10c the same

BS2 the same

...if you had have modified a regular SP mission to have CA roles in it and loaded that, you also would have got the prompt..

It's not really caused issues in the past as far as I am aware...

I get this error when I load a CA Mission or create and load one form the Mission Editor:

error.jpg

CA is activated previously executing \DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\bin\x86_64\CombinedArms_protect.exe

I get this error when I load a CA Mission or create and load one form the Mission Editor:

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/jaker_ps/Varios/error.jpg[/iM]

CA is activated previously executing \DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\bin\x86_64\CombinedArms_protect.exe

Change the DCS folder name to anything but "DCS World". A strange bug but it fixes it.

Nate

Crap... today I faced a hard decision: Buy upgrade parts for my water cooling loop or buy DCSCA instead...

and well, guess who lost... I just bought CA and replaced my old BS1 with a full BS2 :D

Now I have A-10C, BS2, P-51D and CA just to play with the SU-25T :P (Before you lit your torches, yes I know I just need to buy the modules that I'm going to use, but what the heck?... I want them all)

Edited by fzfq3m

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Not worthy of DCS title.

Yeah yeah, its in beta, blah blah balh

Ok guys lit your torches, he will learn to support our team or burn to ashes ... just kidding:megalol:

Rome was not build in one day pale, they had to start somewhere or with something should I say :thumbup:

• Like 1

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top