Why the Mi-8's module still can't be playable by some countries?

chbn

In the case of the Mi-8, more specifically speaking, I could observe that some countries as Brazil and Czech Republic and some other, do not show the Mi-8 as a listed helicopter that we can fly it, even though I have the playable module of the Mi-8. :(

So this way, if I desire to play or fly the Mi-8, I will have to use other country that has the Mi-8 helicopter as one of its playable listed aircrafts .

It is strange, that some real life users as Brazil and mainly the Czech Republic that is a traditional real life user of Mi-8 helicopters, still have not this helicopter model as a playable helicopter included on their aircrafts list.

It doesn´t make any sense when you see in DCS, that there are some listed countries which even don´t own at least one Mi-8 helicopter in real life, but instead of it, these countries can be used to fly the Mi-8 module. So, case someone from Czech Republic wishes to fly a Mi-8, he will have to use Russia, EUA or any other as the main pilot's country.

Certainly, many people would like to see their own countries' flags be shown in the status bar of DCS, instead of just using a skin camo of their countries associated to a different country.

Case it isn´t still implemented in DCS, I use this opportunity to suggest that other countries can be included as flyable users.

Or, there is a way that we can included the desired countries by ourselves on the DCS's scripts, I ask the DCS developers team can explain how can we do that!

Thanks for attention! :)

1.png

2.png

Hi, there is a work around by means of editing the description.lua file for a specific aircraft skin, enabling other countries to use another skin. I use many other skins created by the community, and I add additional countries into the description.lua of these skins to enable me to use the skin for any of the other countries.

Have a look at this post for more in depth information-

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2907658&postcount=10

I don't know if Brazil is a selectable country in DCS, I haven't checked.

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

Hi, thanks for attention! It is a good explanation, but it seems to be more relationed to the use of skins by the countries. Instead of adding a country to control or fly the Mi-8.

For example, I have the following DCS helicopter modules: Mi-8, Ka-50 Blackshark 2 and Huey UH-1H.

But, only Ka-50 and SA-342 Gazelle can be used with Brazil, Czech Republic, Poland and few other countries as a native player country.

These two helicopters appear inside the "TYPE" option in DCS Editor's dropdown list for each one of the mentioned countries. And no more helicopter models are allowed to be flyable in the "SKILL" option for "PLAYER". While Mi-8 and Huey aren´t not allowed to all the countries.

As I wrote before in the first post, countries as France, Belgium, Australia, Danmark, Norway, UK are not real life users of Mi-8. Instead of Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and others, which are traditional users of Mi-8. But, none of them can used by me to pilot the Mi-8.

So the problem is not adding just a skin, because I also have already added all the released skins made by the users. The problem is that I would like DCS had these countries allowed to pilot the Mi-8.

See below some screen captures which I made to explain exactely what I mean:

1.thumb.jpg.872f04c704f7312fefa7590da7d1ebf4.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5c685260d02cee578f8e3bf166075b64.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.06eeeeee238d702585e5c51fbf9d639a.jpg

Edited by chbn

1.png

2.png

Hi, thanks for your link! It worked just as I wanted. :)

And now, I have already added all the countries, helicopters and planes, which before couldn´t be controlled by the countries I wanted!

Inside the file "db_countries.lua", in order to have the Czech Republic to control / pilot the Mi-8 and Huey UH-1H, I just had to include only the folowing lines which are written in red, because the following line:

"local units = country:get("CHEZH_REPUBLIC").Units" was already included in the DCS script.

local units = country:get("CHEZH_REPUBLIC").Units

cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "L-39ZA");

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Mi-24V");

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Mi-8MT");

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "UH-1H");

But for Brazil, it was necessary to create all the lines with all the aircrafts I wanted, in order to have it working perfectly.

local units = country:get("BRAZIL").Units

cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "TF-51D");

cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "P-51D");

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Mi-24V");

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "Mi-8MT");

cnt_unit( units.Helicopters.Helicopter, "UH-1H");

I added two screen captures I made to show how it is now!

Greetings from Brazil! :thumbup:

1.thumb.jpg.2234f88f2077b2af5b65cf52d91fe5c8.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.dc79e70e51f197e7c33a0c390f6a7b9e.jpg

1.png

2.png