UH-1H ARGO DLC Campaign

gregzagk

UH-1H ARGO DLC Campaign

"Argo" is a story-driven campaign comprising a series of Naval Operations with the iconic UH-1H. As a pilot of the Hellenic Navy, assigned to the recently obtained FFG-46 Argo Frigate, your day-by-day missions include a variety of demanding tasks such as flying in all-weather conditions, Search & Rescue ops, Cargo delivery, Troops transport & Antisubmarine warfare.

You and Argo's crew have just sailed towards the Black sea for the needs of NATO "Sea Breeze" exercise. NATO is very cautious and takes extra protection measures since it is believed that small ISIL terrorist groups have infiltrated Georgia by exploiting the refugee waves coming from Turkey.

Your Huey’s performance in the exercise will define its future in the Hellenic Navy as military analysists doubt its competence in a modern Naval environment. The eyes of the whole fleet are on you and your chopper. Are you up for the task?

"Argo" Campaign Features:

15 Story-driven, realistic missions

+300 custom voiceovers

+100 pages of detailed briefings, maps & storyline

Purchase in DCS E-shop

Credits:

The Campaign wouldn't be the same without the following people:

373vFS_Petritis (Inspiration, ideas, extensive feedback & testing, voice-overs)

373vFS_Chrico (Extensive testing & feedback, voice-overs in all missions as Major)

373vFS_Kyro (Testing & voice-overs)

373vFS_Daredevil (Testing & voice-overs)

373vFS_Fotis (Voice-overs)

373vFS_Talos (Voice-overs)

373vFS_Nightmare (Voice-overs)

373vFS_Anastasis (Voice-overs)

373vFS_Cvah (Voice-overs)

NakedSquirel (Anon6) - (Voice-overs)

Baltic Dragon "The Enemy Within Campaign", Mirage 2000 Campaign, DCS F-15C: The Georgian War campaign, A-10C NTTR Campaign (Voice-overs)

Aries (*NOB* squadron) - (Voice-overs)

ED Campaign testing team for the extensive testing of the campaign,

Last but not least:

Buddyspike Team (Xcom, Crash, Ciribob)

mwd2 aka Ghost0815

for motivation & helping gaining experience in the mission editor and DCS World functions.

• Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• 3 months later...
can UH-1H ARGO DLC Campaign be used in DCS World 2? (asking for a friend)

if not will it ever be?

Yes the campaign should work ok in the new Caucasus map. There might be some bugs with triggers etc initially but the goal is to fix them or find alternatives asap.

The new map looks really promising so it's going to be great to fly the huey there.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• 9 months later...

since last update it now starts in the air off stern of Pegasus and I have to fly first mission every time it starts no matter how many missions I have completed??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Hi rephiled. Carrier spawns are bugged in the most recent open beta patch, but this should hopefully be addressed with tomorrow's update for the F/A-18C release.

You can launch any mission from the mission editor by navigating to /mods/campaigns/ regardless of your progress.

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 4 weeks later...

I know mission 1,2,3,5 and 6 are working with open beta 2.5.2 update 5. Mission 4 is a night ops mission I skipped, because of the night lighting problems in 2.5. I play all missions through the editor, btw.

For 5 bucks the campaign is a steal. Go get it is my advice.

Edited by tintifaxl

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 9 months later...

I finally finished the campaign. So far I'm happy with the experience.

Detailed story with good voiceovers, fun and challenging missions and realistic settings.

Of course it has its ups and downs, specially the two missions where you can't use NVG and the current lighting engine makes it almost impossible to complete.

If I have to give positive criticism about the campaign, I'd say that the final mission is a bit of anticlimatic, it feels like a chore and the only skillful part of it is artificially difficult due to how the DCS engine works, not because you need more or less skill.

My final veredict is a 9/10 that could be a 10/10 if those two missions could be fixed somehow.

Go get it, it is great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

A good campaign for our Huey

I'm glad I bought this campaign. I'd say it's a 8/10 for me. It is long enough, it is varied, and I found the level of difficulty pretty good (except for the dead NVGs bit, see below). Thank you to the team.

Pros:

+ Possibility to force the "mission accomplished" trigger.

+ Good balance between utility and action packed missions.

+ Pretty good voice acting. Sometimes, the tone is not quite right compared to what's happening, but that's not a big deal.

+ Overall, the duration of flights is good: not too long, not too short.

Cons:

- Forbidden NVGs during the first 2 night missions ( missions 4 & 8 ). Why so much pain? Those missions would both be demanding enough with working NVGs.

- Batumi's beacon is either weak or not working at all, thus complicating the first 2 night missions.

- The storyline is a bit cliché. It made me feel more like a typical Hollywood teenager hero than a military trained pilot.

- Some scripts need some debugging (see detail below).

Missions:

01/ Good mission for a start. It is a nice introduction.

02/ Nice mission at sea.

03/ Very pleasant mission.

04/ BAD - Would be great... if only we could use the NVGs. I had to skip this one because I coudn't see shit after the night fall.

05/ Very pleasant sling load mission.

06/ Very pleasant mission.

07/ Very pleasant mission, I had to finish the job because my AI allies couldn't find a hidden enemy (no big deal).

08/ BAD - I had to skip this one: the NVGs were still not in working order and the Batumi beacon was not working. It was tough trying to figure out where I was, and at the same time keeping an eye at my altitude. I could have used the altitude hold to avoid crashing on the ground, but I see it as cheating in the Huey.

09/ Very pleasant mission.

10/ Very pleasant mission (NVGs, at last!).

11/ Very good idea for a mission! I liked it.

12/ One of my favorite mission of the campaign. I just had a hard time figuring out where exactly to hover.

13/ Very pleasant mission. I encountered a few annoying bugs, though (I told about those in the bugs section).

14/ Pleasant mission.

15/ Excellent mission. Some troubles when landing on this infamous roof, but it was worth it.

Ending/ Cliché!

My 50 cents:

04/ Start the mission a little earlier in the day (10 minutes?), and ask the pilot to hurry. Or simply allow NVGs.

08/ Fix the Batumi beacon and add intermediate beacons. Or simply allow NVGs.

12/ Tell the pilot where to hover exactly (I was hovering at the stern, and nothing happened there).

Screen-191012-152906.png Screen-191017-152320.png Screen-191024-211005.png Screen-191114-224456.png

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 year later...

Доброго времени суток! Купил Кампания UH-1H Argo от 373vFS Greg. Не обратил внимание что локализация только английская. Будет ли русская локализация? Спасибо!

1 минуту назад, semenpv79 сказал:

Доброго времени суток! Купил Кампания UH-1H Argo от 373vFS Greg. Не обратил внимание что локализация только английская. Будет ли русская локализация? Спасибо!

Good day! Bought UH-1H Argo Campaign from 373vFS Greg. I did not notice that the localization is only English. Will there be Russian localization? Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Can anyone help me with Argo Mission 7, factory CAS?

After the lieutenant says the enemies are trying to escape and he's going after them, absolutely nothing happens.

The friendlies are lined up toward the building and there are no enemies in sight. I tried orbiting for a while (current task said to take off and orbit the factory), I tried landing nearby, nothing happened.

How do I get past it?

Edited by Fyre

Turns out don't shoot the guy in the back--Soldier M249. He's the hostage. But shoot the other guys.

The instructions need to be clearer or the troops have to actually do the fighting while the Huey just orbits. I think the troops were mistakenly told not to shoot.

• Thanks 1