[REPORTED] GBU 24s won't track the laser

Willard

• 1 month later...

The GBU-24 bug is still persistent in DCS 2.5.6.52437 open beta current version. Using the LANTIRN pod in the F-14, all other laser guided GBUs are able to track and hit targets. However, even with the laser on prior to the time of release, the GBU-24 follows a ballistic glide path without ever tracking the laser.

GBU24bug.trk

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

• 4 weeks later...
The GBU-24 bug is still persistent in DCS 2.5.6.52437 open beta current version. Using the LANTIRN pod in the F-14, all other laser guided GBUs are able to track and hit targets. However, even with the laser on prior to the time of release, the GBU-24 follows a ballistic glide path without ever tracking the laser.

The GBU-24 bug is still present in DCS 2.5.6.53756 open beta. All other LGBs track just fine using the LANTIRN pod in the F-14, but the GBU-24 fails to attempt to track. The link below has a track and .mp4 video file demonstrating the bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8u2te7llpae4ku/GBU24Bug.rar?dl=0

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

the issue was reported over a year ago.

it looks like this problem is not going to be fixed. like many others :cry:

It will be fixed (or rather implemented, as Paveway III guidance has never existed in DCS so far). It's on the roadmap for 2021:

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Improvements in 2021:

[...]

14. GBU-24 Paveway III LGB

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It will be fixed (or rather implemented, as Paveway III guidance has never existed in DCS so far). It's on the roadmap for 2021:

I see. It would be nice though if they could at least give it the same guidance as the GBU-16 and GBU-10, which are working, until they can implement the more realistic guidance, so we can at least use the bomb until they are finished. Right now, we are unable to test this bomb at all, and it is effectively just dead weight in its current state. I can understand if there are technical limitations to doing this, though.

I see. It would be nice though if they could at least give it the same guidance as the GBU-16 and GBU-10, which are working, until they can implement the more realistic guidance, so we can at least use the bomb until they are finished. Right now, we are unable to test this bomb at all, and it is effectively just dead weight in its current state. I can understand if there are technical limitations to doing this, though.

Then you could just use the GBU-10 instead. The big difference between the GBU-10 (Paveway II) and the GBU-24 (Paveway III) ist the guidance. What's the point of using a GBU-24 with GBU-10 guidance?!

The problem is, that some thirds party devs (RAZBAM, Heatblur) have jumped the gun on this one and already made the GBU-24 ingame, before ED has implemented the guidance system. The weapon is just not ready for use yet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 7/4/2023 at 5:03 AM, skypickle said:

still?

The GBU-24 has been working for a while now. Now we have the same issue with the GBU-28 though 😅

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg