Sim Voice Checklists - what do you want?

Johnny Dioxin

UPDATE: All is fixed (syntax error causing crash) - I'm now testing and will upload it as soon as I'm ready.

I will have to record the list items myself or use an ATT voice - MS Anna just couldn't cut it!

Edited by Brixmis
update

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

So good Brixmiss, This is terrific for VR use.

Is a checklist available for our beloved A10?

Okay - finished - yup, didn't stop working on it (except sleeping a few hours and walking the mutt) until now and it's all done!

I'll post the link as soon as it's been approved.

I tried using both MS Anna and one of my Cepstral female voices for the lists, but neither could cut the mustard - so you get to hear my own dulcet tones yet again!

Lists included are:

Start up

Waypoint grid entry

TGP Operation

Laser Spot Search

Weapon selection and arming

Weapon profile

Hung station

Gun

Rockets

LGB

IAM

Maverick

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

looks great.. thanks for the work here i will check it out more soon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Okay, the download is now available:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2077500/

SD, you will find the actual program inside the download - it does not require installing, you just run it from where you unpack it :)

Anyone who would like to use the editor, send me a pm and I will upload it for you (the website is no longer available).

Paul's guide:

Edit:

Okay, as the prog is no longer available from the source, I have attached the last version that was made. Note that this is just the prog itself, no documents or anything else.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

How about the Mig 21 and F86?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Well you guys can help me with these. In your case, Sobe, I've not touched the MiG-21 for over 2 years and didn't attempt any kind of checklists or guides for it because things seemed to be changing (or 'updating' if you like) almost continually - same with the Mirage 2000C and I don't want to do something that becomes inaccurate or have to constantly redo it.

I've only flown the Sabre on the odd test flight, too - which means I am almost as unfamiliar with it.

This means I have to search through manuals and YouTube videos, which takes a lot of time, and even then I'm never sure if these are the latest procedures and all the functions are implemented.

So if there is a checklist you would like me to do as a voice checklist, it can help if you type up the checklist you want (no personalisations, please - it has to be standard, for everyone to use) and either attach the text file to your post, or send it to me in a pm.

I will be getting on with all the modules, as I said in a previous post, but it will take longer, as I have to look everything up.

Cheers :thumbup:

EDIT: I have just looked through the MiG-21 manual, and the only checklist available in it is the start-up procedure - so I will do this in the coming week. But this is a good example of what I'm talking about. To find out how to perform other procedures - and therefore make an audio checklist - I would need to either read all the relevant chapters in the manual (and those for other aircraft, too) or find and watch relevant YouTube videos.

I suppose an alternative might be to look up the info in Chucky's guides - if he doesn't mind me basing the audio checklists on them. I'll look into that, and ask him if applicable.

The Sabre has most things covered in the quickstart manual (wish they would do one for every module!) - so that will be a lot easier/quicker.

Edited by Brixmis
MiG-21

Kneeboard Guides

Okay - this week I will try and get the MiG-21bis start-up checklist done.

I will also get on with all checklists for the Sabre. After that, I will concentrate on the Mirage 2000C - thanks to RAZBAM for including nice checklists on all procedures in their full manual, and I hope they have not since changed (shouldn't be, but if extra systems have been enabled that weren't before, who knows - it is still in beta, after all).

Kneeboard Guides

latest Mig 21 checklist

This is the latest checklist that I found for the Mig 21. I would still use the one in the manual for startup.

MIG-21 Checklist V3.pdf

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Well if you look up the posts a bit (to yesterday) I was saying that the program itself is in the package. It does not require installing - just unzip and double-click on the "SimVoiceChecklists.exe" and you are off ;)

I've also attched the final version of the program itself to post #30

I have finished the MiG-21bis start-up checklist - uploading it soon - there is a possible error with the start-up fuel tanks groups - I'm waiting on info for that.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Okay - the MiG-21bis start-up checklist has been uploaded and is awaiting approval. I'll post the link here and in the first post, once it has been OK'd.

Link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2081147/index.php

Edited by Brixmis
link added
  • Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Okay - the MiG-21bis start-up checklist has been uploaded and is awaiting approval. I'll post the link here and in the first post, once it has been OK'd.

Link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2081147/index.php

Great Brixmis. Thank you Sir!

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

You're welcome :)

Sabre lists (all procedures listed in the manual) hopefully done by the end of the weekend - I have a lot on this week.

Also hope to do the pictorial guides for the MiG-21 and Sabre, too.

Kneeboard Guides

Guys, I'm really sorry - I missed an item out on the checklist (Battery ON).

This has now been added, and the corrected file uploaded. It will say "V2" in the archive title. Please either download it again, or add this yourself (or just remember to switch the battery on, after the battery heater).

It all works fine now - I've just gone through it myself in the sim. :)

Thanks.

btw - the checklist is actually on the MiG-21 kneeboard!

Edited by Brixmis
spelling

Kneeboard Guides

• 4 weeks later...