A little real-life Mi-8 action

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone.

I have a little question. Is it possible to correct behaviour of Mi-8MTV? Talking about this helicopter, it should LIFT UP when pilot press LEFT pedal and  DESCENDS, when he/she  pushes RIGHT one during hovering! You may be ask me where I from know it? Cause I`m a real pilot of helicopter Mi-8MTV over then 20 years!

Please help me to bring this information to developers of model of this amazing  aircraft!

Thank you!

Edited by VATirssalex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, VATirssalex said:

Hi everyone.

I have a little question. Is it possible to correct behaviour of Mi-8MTV? Talking about this helicopter, it should LIFT UP when pilot press LEFT pedal and  DESCENDS, when he/she  pushes RIGHT one during hovering! You may be ask me where I from know it? Cause I`m a real pilot of helicopter Mi-8MTV over then 20 years!

Please help me to bring this information to developers of model of this amazing  aircraft!

Thank you!

Always heard this was becuase of engine governer. As you yaw left, compared to helicopter the governor sees more RPM, and decreases power. And as you yaw right, it sees decreased RPM, and increases engine power. 

But of course this is with a steady yaw in a hover, rapid changes before yaw builds up will definitely still see the left pedal increase power and right the opposite. And as you speed up and possible yaw rate decreases. The effect goes back to how you expect, left pedal increasing power and right pedal decreasing power. 

You would think rotor would accelerate with the yaw, and IIRC i heard something about the governor only caring about RPM compared to earth surface. So idk 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Mi-17 when?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Crazy enough I just picked up the Mi-8 during the Christmas sale and I'm absolutely loving it. I always enjoyed flying the Huey and the Blackshark but I wanted to give the HIP a shot since it's just a big Russian beast of a helo and I'm glad I did. I purchased all of the campaigns and zipped through 3 of the The Open Border missions last night. Definitely looking forward to honing more skill in this Helo before I jump onto one of the Helo multiplayer servers and try my hand at helping out a group of Helo pilots. I can't wait. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

From what I can find, the Mi-17 has more powerful engines. Do we have those?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."