TACAN Volume knob doesn't work

metzger

In fact I figured it out. And it looks like a bug to me but not sure tho.

When you tune a new station, HSI is not showing it jsut yet but the tacan will play the signal and the volume knob has no effect. Once HSI starts showing the TACAN, volume knob starts working as well. It is probably that warm up period you say about, but then either signal should not be played or the volume knob should be working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I just did the navigation training mission & noticed this. i also noticed that if i set the TACAN channel on the ground as instructed it doesn't work & you have to redo it when in the air.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

I've a cold start mission at Kobuleti and setting TACAN Channel on the ground works for me (Ch. 67X).

I think it depends on the chosen TACAN, whether it's obstructed by terrain or not.

To counter the volume thing. I now let warm up the TACAN system without setting a channel. You know it's warmed up, when the needle starts rotating on the HSI. Tuning down the volume than and selecting a channel, the morse code is silent.