Livery Mismatch In Cockpit View

DowntownSIX

I reported this before (in the wrong place) and got no answer. I also had a good search but couldn't find anything.

Since first reporting the issue I've done a clean install of 2.5 and I still experience the same thing.

oW2U4zlU7aTlS1QqB2fHIhvQhusWcg5AwoiOyvHaloAfRNKgg-bBBh5PQ0cVV3uzQyD39RbaJJQWkt8fQnXJ=w958-h945I grabbed these by 'stepping outside my cockpit' in Oculus. It looks like there is an area around the pit where a default skin is applied.

I haven't done any structured testing but as far have some anecdotal observations:

- It's present in all liveries

- It happens in SP and MP

- The livery appears correct in all external views

- The same 'default' skin is applied in all cases

My only thoughts now are; is it a VR thing and is it just me?

Apologies if this has already been reported and I just couldn't find it.

DCS_F5E_Bug.thumb.png.8b7233c25ea2a239871cc8766fd05c9e.png

DCS_F5E_Bug_1.thumb.png.3fc78b44c38c78e8238d7384f50a4b22.png

Edited by DowntownSIX

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Interesting, that gives me something to roll with for further testing.

Thanks for the info.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Right, I had a bit more of a structured look at this tonight and a couple of things are happening.

1. In F1 view, there is a portion of the exterior model that is completely static. If you change your livery, that portion of the model remains the default livery for the loaded mission.

2. As you can see in the first video, even using the default livery the same portion of the exterior model is distinct from the rest of the model. On a hunch I tested this with Deferred Shading off and noticed that the static portion blended much more successfully with the rest of the model.

3. I tested this in VR and on a monitor, results were the same, it's just easier to test and see in VR.

4. I trawled YouTube for an embarrassing amount of time and could see this effect in other peoples videos in a mixture of TrackIR and VR.

5. I checked my other modules to see if this is just one of those DCS things I haven't noticed, and no other module exhibits this behaviour.

6. External views work fine, this is limited to the cockpit view.

TL : DR - You can't change your skin in single player or multiplayer because it'll only change some of it and even if you stick to the default skin, if deferred shading is on you'll still have to stare at a big chunk of mismatching livery on your nose. It's not brilliant.

Edited by DowntownSIX

• 9 months later...

I'm sure bumping your own thread is a no no but is this being looked at at all?

Just FYI, it is the same in the Huey and some other modules. It is reported but no fix so far.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209928

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Just FYI, it is the same in the Huey and some other modules. It is reported but no fix so far.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209928

This seems to be the case with pretty much all ED/BST modules. Like their are all focused on the Hornet and the rest are abandoned for the time being. And the problem is every new update brings new bugs which will remain for months or even years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]