joystick control over video command box not working?

Two-Six

I am trying to set up my new TM T16000M FCS for the Gazelle. So far it is going OK I have most stuff working now. I have zoom view on the throttle rotary, reset view and cam on buttons, trim on the stick hat the autopilot controls on the stick buttons and view panning via a hat on the throttle using the numpad keys...However...

I can't seem to be able to operate the targeting video camera using the joystick. I can get it to pan about using the slew commands via a hat, which is OK but its too clunky for guiding missiles onto moving targets. I want to use the joystick. I know its supposed to work like that and it did with my cougar.

I can also move the targ cam using the stick if I map the joystick axis onto the slew controls in game but the helicopter moves too when I move the cam as they are shared axes.

Can anybody suggest why it isn't working and how I can get it working??

Did you tick the stick slew box under options - special - SA342?

On a related note though, I detest operating the TV while on the move, stick or not, it's a jumbled mess of locking, not locking, fighting the heli movement and flickering. Must be flying extremely steadily to do anything truly manually, it's hard enough using the "lock" (I'm guessing it doesn't even have that IRL, it's just a co-pilot shortcut/simplification.

Thanks for the info, nope I didn't tick that box. That's probably why it isn't working.

Actually I have now got the microstick on the throttle slewing it about very nicely, at the loss of the toe brake axes (currently) but they aren't needed anyway. I also now have black-white hot on the mini stick's clicker and laze target with camera zoom on the throttles up-down finger switch.

Usually I get into a hover before shooting but last night I was doing one of the Dixmund campaign missions and it required a shot while moving. However as we were so high up in the mountains I might not have had much power and lift to hover and I couldn't get the weapons up and ready to fire fast enough!!!!

A nice little feature of some very skilled mission design!

I got Meatboy to take the shot instead.