FA-18 - take on on a F-14 Tomcat?

Adam

That's what I was worried about. With the faster speed, and longer range missiles, and a mighty tough structure, it's not going to be a fair fight.

If the other player is AI - it's a joke and easy to kill. If it's a person - unless they're very inexperienced there seems to be no point going up against them and running is the best option. Either way - F14's will give no satisfaction.

Even with a 2 on 1 scenario (or even 3) - it seems the F14 can simply shoot and then buster.

At least I know now - on MP - stay right away from F14's - otherwise I'm only going to give myself frustration by trying to take on what is essentially an unbeatable foe, and better to know now than to continue trying in ignorance and losing passion for the game.

(Well, either that, or buy the F14 package and learn a whole new system). :music_whistling:

Thanks for the advise all!

2V1 you and your wingman notch in opposite directions and flank him. If you're really feeling frisky , you alternate altitude as well!

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Most of them spend a lot more hours flying than posting, which makes relevant info sometimes hard to find on forums ;)

I just went in and checked on my logbook....

Started flying 8th of September, 2017. So that's like 3 years, or some 1100 days ago.

Flight hours in all the aircraft...... 271 and 26 minutes...... :( That's like 1 hour, every 4 days.

And people tell me we should all insist on cold starts, as it's the only way to do DCS right..... man, i'm lucky if i get to fly this week :megalol:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

2V1 you and your wingman notch in opposite directions and flank him. If you're really feeling frisky , you alternate altitude as well!

Thank you! These are the kind of tactics I need. I'll be sure to give that a shot. (excuse the pun) :)