Horrido! - Anton campaign preview

Reflected

After submitting 'Horrido!', my upcoming FW-190A-8 campaign to ED for testing, I also sent it to Philstyle. I admire him not only for his video editing skills, but also for his expertise in WW2 air combat as well as in mission editing. He already sent me some great improvement ideas, and he also made a play-through video of Mission 1. It should give you a good idea what this campaign will be like. Check it out and make sure you subscribe to his channel, because he'll be doing more of these. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I finished the campaign today. Nice job guys. Was much fun.

But 1 word to the "german speakers". Its cool, defenetly. I mean in WWII germans didnt talk english over the radio. But it sounds a bit weird sometimes. I dont think they used words like "... wurden Feindbomber _reported_". Hard to tell in english for me what i mean, but the military language from 1944 was not hit by the speaking actors. Sounds a bit mixed with actual "mp online slang".

This could be done better, but anyway: well done...i had much fun.

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 9:59 AM, Eisprinzessin said:

I finished the campaign today. Nice job guys. Was much fun.

But 1 word to the "german speakers". Its cool, defenetly. I mean in WWII germans didnt talk english over the radio. But it sounds a bit weird sometimes. I dont think they used words like "... wurden Feindbomber _reported_". Hard to tell in english for me what i mean, but the military language from 1944 was not hit by the speaking actors. Sounds a bit mixed with actual "mp online slang".

This could be done better, but anyway: well done...i had much fun.

I think it's really cool that we got so many voice lines. But as a native german speaker, I would agree. Some of the dialogue at least seems like it was obviously written in english first and then translated to german by a non-native speaker. I don't know the specific terms used by the Luftwaffe in the 1940s, but some seem wrong. E.g. I think they call fighter control "Kontrolle" over the radio a few times. I would assume it should probably be something like "Leitstelle" or "Kommando", because "Kontrolle" usually has a different meaning (at least today). Of course I could be wrong here, german military always had a weird way with words...

Anyways, it's easy to see past these minor quirks, the voiceovers still add a lot to the atmosphere and immersion, because most of the dialogue actually sounds like how people in the 1940s could have talked. Overall, it really is a great campaign, well done.

(The new damage model also makes it so much more enjoyable.)

9 hours ago, trashcan said:

... Overall, it really is a great campaign, well done.

(The new damage model also makes it so much more enjoyable.)

How manageable is this campaign with the current state of FLAK? I have been waiting to start it because of the current deadly ground fire issues.

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

I bought this campaing on the last sale, will start soon 🙂, especially with this ATC:

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, wowbagger said:

How manageable is this campaign with the current state of FLAK? I have been waiting to start it because of the current deadly ground fire issues.

For me, flak was no problem. I have been shot down by AAA, but that was absolutely my fault for doing a long, straight, slow run-in trying to strafe ground targets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 6:46 PM, Reflected said:

Hi traschan, thanks for the feedback. The voice lines were written in English, but were translated by native German speakers. Control was "Kontrolle" even back in 'European Air War' - then again, I don't speak German 😄

Yes, I noticed some mistakes as well. The translators apparently didnt know about correct radio brevity or even military structure in Luftwaffe (mixing up Schwarm & Staffel for instance). Still a nice campaign tho.  

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

4 hours ago, MrExplosion said:

Yes, I noticed some mistakes as well. The translators apparently didnt know about correct radio brevity or even military structure in Luftwaffe (mixing up Schwarm & Staffel for instance). Still a nice campaign tho.  

Maybe yes, it doesn't matter to me because I don't know German enough to notice it :grin: but despite this, the "atmosphere" is great that there are such chatter in German. :thumbup:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro