Eastern Friendship Mission 1 - F-16C Edition by Sedlo

Sedlo

Eastern Friendship Mission 1 - Viper Edition is out!

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306438/

Last night, a Georgian armoury was attacked by Russian backed separatist guerillas and a number of heavy weapons, including APCs, ZSU-23 Shilkas, were stolen. Intelligence suspects that the stolen armour is heading east in order to escape into South Ossetia. Your job is to provide close air support in the hunt for the stolen weapons.

SCENARIO:

This is a fictional, “what if”, scenario where Georgia had hurriedly joined NATO prior to the full scale Russian invasions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

NATO air power has begun staging at airbases around Georgia proper, and have commenced defensive air operations. Currently, NATO air forces are cleared to operate within the territorial boundaries of Georgia, and are cleared to conduct strikes to support NATO ground forces within Georgian Airspace.

Last night, a Georgian armoury was attacked by Russian backed separatist guerillas, and a number of heavy weapons, including APCs, ZSU-23 Shilkas were stolen. Intelligence suspects that the stolen armour is heading east in order to escape into South Ossetia.

This hostile group is believed to be made up of South Ossetian Guerillas, Russian SPETZNAZ forces and defecting Georgian Army personnel.

Badger 1, a joint Canadian / Georgian convoy has been dispatched to locate the purloined equipment before these criminals can escape.

MISSION:

You are the lead pilot of Colt 5 flight of 2 F-16Cs based at Kutaisi Airbase in northern Georgia. Colt 5 is sitting alert ready to support NATO and Georgian ground forces. Rumour is that Badger 1 is hot on the tail of the stolen armour.

The weather is not great, a low overcast of 10000ft will keep close air support right in the heart of the AAA and MANPAD envelope. We have already lost 2 NATO aircraft to hostile fire, so make sure to employ liberal use of flares when flying in proximity to hostile forces.

COLT 5 - F-16C x 2 CAS Alert 5

COLT 9 - CF-18 x 2 CAS Alert 15

FORD 1 - M2000C x 2 CAP Airborne

NTMR 4 - CF-18 x 2 CAP Alert 15

MISSION NOTES:

1. You will have to change radio frequencies in this mission - Easy Comms are disabled.

2. You can use the Radio Menu to give orders to your wingman, and to get information from MAGIC.

3. This mission requires you to fly to, and over, waypoint 2 on departure, plus fly to, and over, waypoint 5 upon returning to base (UNLESS CLEARED TO TURN PRIOR BY MAGIC OR ATC)

4. This functionality of this mission's triggers and actions are

dependent on you NOT CHANGING THE WEAPONS LOADOUT! Doing so may break your mission, and that sucks!

5. DO NOT STRAY INTO RUSSIAN OR SOUTH OSSETIAN TERRITORY!

6. If you do make it back to base, keep in mind that you are in a combat zone and are expected to fly the overhead break to land.

7. Yes, there are custom kneeboards.

VIPERTITLE1.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, one more to have fun and lean with... thanks for sharing (even if I'm a little stuck of that Caucasus, to be honest ;) :lol: Please get rid of it and keep on with Nevada or the Gulf, it's good).

With best regards.

Hi Sedlo, just tried out the mission several times. First run changing to the takeoff frequency preset did nothing (CH2 I believe)- no response while holding short of the RWY, just took off anyway. Second time through worked ok selecting channel while approaching the runway.

After landing, the preset to change to for ground doesn't match the actual freq on that preset.

Also the loadout - I wasn't aware 2x GBU-10's is a standard CAS loadout? I assume we are supposed to change to a more suitable loadout before departure?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There will be text message prompting you to change to channel 3 just prior to the hold short line when taxiing towards 26.

The landing text message was incorrect, I've since fixed it, and will upload the corrected mission shortly. Thanks for the pointout.

2x GBU-12 is what you're given, it's a great loadout for CAS, and if you mess with the armament some of the triggers won't work correctly.

Hi Sedlo, just tried out the mission several times. First run changing to the takeoff frequency preset did nothing (CH2 I believe)- no response while holding short of the RWY, just took off anyway. Second time through worked ok selecting channel while approaching the runway.

After landing, the preset to change to for ground doesn't match the actual freq on that preset.

Also the loadout - I wasn't aware 2x GBU-10's is a standard CAS loadout? I assume we are supposed to change to a more suitable loadout before departure?

Edited by Sedlo

There will be text message prompting you to change to channel 3 just prior to the hold short line when taxiing towards 26.

The landing text message was incorrect, I've since fixed it, and will upload the corrected mission shortly. Thanks for the pointout.

2x GBU-12 is what you're given, it's a great loadout for CAS, and if you mess with the armament some of the triggers won't work correctly.

Cheers, yes the message detailing to change freq by the hold-short stayed up top of screen and nothing happened, despite changing to that preset, as described.

Also, having dropped Mk-84's for real (pretty sure I had GBU-10's on my jet...that's the big ones)...I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to be anywhere 'close' to them! But hey, no biggie. :thumbup:

Cheers for the mission.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gotcha... OK, the text message thing was scheduled to pop up then the jet was close to the hold short line. The way the mission script worked is that the request and clearance for takeoff would only happen when the player was still within that zone. If you had already crossed the hold short line before switching tower, it wouldn't work.

I've now adjusted the trigger so it should still work even if you've crossed the hold short line. New version is now active on the user files area: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306438/

No, I get it, a 2000lb bomb would not be an ideal CAS weapon. Rest assured, the mission is written with GBU-12s on board.

Edited by Sedlo

Love your missions

Are u plan to combine them to a campaign?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Are you using CCIP or CCRP?

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

CCRP

I used CCIP (thought it would be easier but NOT :) ), thanks for sharing those missions Sedlo, I'm enjoying a lot! :thumbup:

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished your missions 1 & 2.

They are fantastic! Great work with the voiceovers. I was like "wtf!?" when I heard Spudknockers voice in Mission 1.

Very nice experience overall, great immersion!

And thanks that you implemented voiceovers for people that can't differ between left and right... lol

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• 2 months later...

Hey Chicki! Thanks, glad you liked it! You can do stored heading or a full alignment, it doesn’t matter (the triggers are based on switching to ground for taxi).

And no, you don’t have to call the JTAC using the usual DCS procedure.

Hi. Amazing mission. Thanks. Hey, am I supposed to talk to JTAC at the target? Or just "eyeball" it. Also, should I do a stored align? Thanks again.

• 2 months later...