Missing ordinance and Lack of ordinance for Innerl Pylobns - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Kev2go

Reputation power: 0
Kev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these parts
Default Missing ordinance and Lack of ordinance for Innerl Pylobns

The hawk should have Matra Rockets , LAu68 rockets , MK 82 Snake eyes s, Mk83's and external fuel tanks. Right now its lethal ordinance is only limited to regular Mk82's.

Spoiler:

ALso bombs should be mountable on the inner most pylons and not just the outermost.

Sidewinders can be wired for outermost as well as ive seen images of some hawks carrying four, or in other instances just on the outermost pylons instead of the innermost.

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 10-06-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
dannyq8

Reputation power: 7
dannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the roughdannyq8 is a jewel in the rough

Nice picture but not of a T1a which is the variant that is currently modeled.

Count yourself lucky that VEAO have modeled 2 extra outboard pylons that are not fitted to T1a's.

Think you need to do a bit more research before posting what you think should or shouldn't be fitted.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:05 AM   #3
Zimmerdylan

Reputation power: 13
Zimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really nice

I have to agree though....it is a nice picture.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
Lunatic98

Reputation power: 4
Lunatic98 has a spectacular aura aboutLunatic98 has a spectacular aura aboutLunatic98 has a spectacular aura about

I thought everything apart from the 30mm ADEN that we have now was DCS stock weapons, VEAO planned to implement the more accurate payload at a later date (when or if we'll get them now what with VEAO's current situation is uncertain) https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...32&postcount=2

AFAIK the T.1 and T.1A in UK service are fitted for but not with a total of 5 hardpoints, 2 under each wing and 1 under the fuselage (like we currently have). AFAIK in UK service only the inner wing and centreline pylons are normally fitted. The difference between the T.1 and the T.1A isn't all that great, simply put, the T.1As are T.1 Hawks modified to carry AIM-9L, the air-to-ground armament remains the same for both variants. The centreline pod is reserved the ADEN gun pod (apart from Red Arrow Hawks, which have a smoke pod). AFAIK the inner wing pylons can carry all other munitions carried by the Hawks in UK service, that being the SNEB 68 rocket in the Matra 115 rocket pods, the CBLS dispenser with practice bombs of multiple variations and in the case of the UK Hawk T.1As the AIM-9L. At the moment in DCS the inner pylons can only accommodate the AIM-9M and only the outer pylons (fitted for but now with on UK Hawks) can carry rockets (LAU-61) and bombs (Mk82s on a TER).

Here's a picture of a Hawk T.1/T.1A with UK markings.

Here's another one showing some practice(?) sidewinders

Here we can see a Matra 155 rocket pod (carrying SNEB 68 rockets), the 30mm ADEN and a CBLS unit for carrying training bombs (I believe the CBLS units can carry an assortment of small practice bombs). As for GP bombs (the only bombs I can imagine the Hawk carrying) the UK has 540Ib (245kg) and 1000Ib (454kg) GP bombs which are available in live and practice warhead types. Which of the 2 bombs can be fitted to the Hawk and where I don't know, I can't find any pictures of them being carried.

On export Hawk versions all 5 hardpoints/pylons are fitted, where I think the 2 inner pylons are plumbed to carry external fuel tanks.

I guess the main problem we have with the Hawk currently is that is marketed and supposed to be fitted for the UK's T.1A spec (AFAIK), which would be the 3 hardpoints for unguided bombs, rockets and the AIM-9L (the AIM-9L are nearly identical to the current AIM-9M except the Mike variant features a smokeless rocket motor). At the moment we have a Hawk which seems to cater for other versions aside from the UK - which I've seen fitted with 4 hardpoints, carrying different weapons and being fitted with subtle differences in equipment. I wish we would have designated variants like we have for the L-39C/ZA for instance.

I don't know, VEAO have stated that they're stepping away from DCS and it looks like the DCS Hawk has little of future aside from crucial fixes (from Pman 18/08/2017 "That said; we are committed to getting Hawk out of early access and released as soon as possible. This will involve updated PBR cockpit textures, bug fixes for major systems, bugs recorded internally with ED and any found with future DCS patches as ongoing maintenance." https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...59&postcount=1).

I don't know, it all seems very sad for the Hawk, it was my first ever full DCS Module

AJS-37, A-10C, FC3, Hawk, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-51D Combined Arms.

Last edited by Lunatic98; 10-13-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

I can't be bothered to dig up the thread, but Chris/Pete did explain they chose to add the extra hardpoints because although the UK version they were modelling only has the two wing points, various airframe variants can and do mount the other pair in other 'Forces, so it represents the type and gives DCS users extra options.

Some people agreed with the decision, others didn't, but what we've got is a bit of a half way house.

Either it needs the extra kit used by other 'Forces with the pylons, or it needs to be stripped of the two erroneous pylons if it's actually supposed to be a UK T.1A.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #6
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

The original plan was for 2 pylons, we added the putter two to give pilots abit more flexibility in their roles.

We could remove the two outter pylons but we won’t be giving the Hawk a weapons package expansion.

Is there a cry for us to remove the outter pylons?

Work continues on Hawk in the background and you should expect news when we have updates to push. First I would expect the pbr / rework of the Hawk cockpit, i’ll Confirm plans for further upgrades / expansions on current functionality after they’ve gone out.

Pete
Old 10-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #7
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 171
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post

Nope.
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
RAF Viggens liveries link TBD. If you have the link there is a new download to try. ask to test.
joey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
rajdary

Reputation power: 8
rajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nicerajdary is just really nice

+1, No.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philps 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.
rajdary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
Kev2go

Kev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
The original plan was for 2 pylons, we added the putter two to give pilots abit more flexibility in their roles.

We could remove the two outter pylons but we won’t be giving the Hawk a weapons package expansion.

Work continues on Hawk in the background and you should expect news when we have updates to push. First I would expect the pbr / rework of the Hawk cockpit, i’ll Confirm plans for further upgrades / expansions on current functionality after they’ve gone out.

Pete
why no matra rockets? at least on the 2 pylons that T1A officially has? After all Wont some of the other modules you have had planned have access to these? I don see this as a weapon expansion but adding what should have been.

Other muntions like the Mk82SE and MK83 are already present in DCS. Its just a matter of porting them, and does not necessitate creating new weapons

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 10-12-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyq8 View Post
Nice picture but not of a T1a which is the variant that is currently modeled.

Count yourself lucky that VEAO have modeled 2 extra outboard pylons that are not fitted to T1a's.

Think you need to do a bit more research before posting what you think should or shouldn't be fitted.
No I think you do. Read what others have contributed. The T1A can carry matras among those other things.

Build:

Last edited by Kev2go; 10-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.