LWS act like RWR mod

russian common sense = lot attrition of ther own planes against georgia

:megalol:

Yeah, in 2008 they performed hundreds of sorties over Georgia, and lost...

1x Tu-22M3

1x Su-24M

1x Su-24MR

4x Su-25

Come on now. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

terrain masking don't work when you need to engaged enemy

again it doesn't work when bad recon

If you are deployed anti-tank, you are probably going to have a bigger issue with tank shells and Strelas than radar missiles at your targets. Same thing when engaging infantry - they're not going to throw strategic SAMS at you. ;)

In the case of bad recon, an RWR protects you against exactly none of that, and you'll probably end up dead to MANPAD or SHORAD with or without it. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah, in 2008 they performed hundreds of sorties over Georgia, and lost...

1x Tu-22M3

1x Su-24M

1x Su-24MR

4x Su-25

Come on now. ;)

From what I have read the Russian Air Force consider their own performance to be sub-par. Hence there is a renewed push for modernisation (for example, sending out bombers to do recon because the UAV you have were not in the area you were preparing to invade? hardly going to inspire shock and awe in your enemies; then there was the poorly implemented bombing raids with dumb munitions on airfields and factories, like it was the 70s).

Against Georgia (with zero fighters) they should have lost 0 aircraft in combat and a few in landing/mechanical accidents. Hence almost everyone considers it a poor showing (apart from the fans).

That is all true, but if operating against an enemy that has SAMs is suicide, we should have seen even more losses in there. Those losses are total, all causes, btw - not exclusively "combat" losses. (And yeah, looking at the bomb patters in some strikes on airfields left me with a lot of "why?")

Enemy fighters aren't the point here though - I'm specifically responding to the question of RWR and SAMS. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

.....Against Georgia (with zero fighters) they should have lost 0 aircraft in combat and a few in landing/mechanical accidents....

Poor intelligence? Dedicated DEAD flights ought to have taken care of those SA-11 sites.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Poor intelligence? Dedicated DEAD flights ought to have taken care of those SA-11 sites.

The story that I read, or at least what seems to be a version redacted from official and semi official sources, states that the SA-11s were never the problem while they were completely jammed. Seems that everything that had a radar in Georgia was completely jammed and they could be near overflown with impunity. This changed when there was a Special Forces attempt on the commanders of the 58th. The Jammers were turned off for a while to allow LOCAL sams to become active at 58th mobile HQ. Someone forgot to tell the Recon people. Poor communication and from the outset not clever enough ECM to spatially discriminate between friendly and enemy ground radars. As for the Su-25's, pretty certain that at least half of these were hit RTB by irregulars and thus were friendly fire.

The Su-24's are still not officially recognised. I have little info on that. There is one very well respected non-official source, but that' it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not just play in arcade mode?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:huh:

where is the rwr?:mad:

where is the sead communication when they spot sam? no one tell you

only trigger , and trigger............

my fix is realistic as the non existent communication in this game :D

Can you carry Chaff or ECM on the KA-50? Not much use to see the missile coming without any way to fight against it with chaff or ECM.

Also, you say it is realistic, so I asume you work on Russian helicopter, could I ask which one?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So far there are:

• References to Star Trek
  • References to Doctor Evil

I do believe this is well on it's way to becoming the best topic ever.

As far as the mod goes--hey, whatever floats your boat. Labels have been used as an example of a more "serious" type of cheating...which I'll agree with (even though cheating in this regard is subjective). I'll also offer that simply having an english cockpit is also another form.

The files are there to be modified to fit your version of "fun".

To those who install this mod (and those like it that move away from the original design)...don't whine like a school girl when MP servers dump you because you've exceeded their established limit(s) of tolerance.

I think it would be obvious, but you never know.

Sound good, good idea

To whom it may concern,

That is all true, but if operating against an enemy that has SAMs is suicide, we should have seen even more losses in there. Those losses are total, all causes, btw - not exclusively "combat" losses. (And yeah, looking at the bomb patters in some strikes on airfields left me with a lot of "why?")

Enemy fighters aren't the point here though - I'm specifically responding to the question of RWR and SAMS. :)

I heard of an estimate of the expected jet losses by NATO in the Central Front on first week of WWIII. They figure made public was around 600 NATO jets to get splashed. Naturally no-one was happy about it but they had to plan around the very prolific Soviet mobile air defences (which is also why they bought around four thousand F-16s I guess). Mind you, sometimes these figures are also released to scare more money out of the US Congress (as was done recently with 'leaked' 6x F-22 battle results against a regiment of Chinese Flankers).

My point was, even if there are SAMs about there are some situations where you don't get to lounge around the Officer's Club until they are taken out. Newer wars have a luxury (of waiting until F-117 and now F-22/F-35 have done their jobs) that was not possible in The Big One.

Can you carry Chaff or ECM on the KA-50? Not much use to see the missile coming without any way to fight against it with chaff or ECM.

Also, you say it is realistic, so I asume you work on Russian helicopter, could I ask which one?

you don't understand what i mean it was ironic : i mean none existent communication in this game between sead su 24m and ka 50 is unreal and non sense as my" rwr" and as the compaign in this game

also stop talking realism when you see the mission in the official compaign

in the helo many thing lack like inu drift,gps in mountain should not properly work, hot start engine , warm start etc... nonsense autorotation

VEAF 735th - www.veaf.org - Formateur Ka50

Escadrille Francophone évoluant sur DCS.

En savoir plus : http://www.veaf.org/fr/735-escadrille-virtuelle-dcs-fancaise

Nous rejoindre : http://www.veaf.org/fr/nous-rejoindre

you don't understand what i mean it was ironic : i mean none existent communication in this game between sead su 24m and ka 50 is unreal and non sense as my" rwr" and as the compaign in this game

also stop talking realism when you see the mission in the official compaign

in the helo many thing lack like inu drift,gps in mountain should not properly work, hot start engine , warm start etc... nonsense autorotation

Sorry my question was

Do you carry Chaff or ECM on the KA-50?

My second question was; Do you work on Russian helicopter?

I didn't say anything about realism, I quoted you sir.

To whom it may concern,

No need to grab popcorn, I’m not arguing his point. I’m just a little mechanic with poor education trying to understand.

If I understand correctly (please correct me if I’m wrong) Fifou265 said:

- Helicopter can be easily modified to carry RWR

- DCS black shark is not perfect and has many systems that are not 100% modeled

- That on every real life combat mission where there are complex air defense system with radars, SEAD/DEAD aircraft would communicate with all other assets to identify this dangers.

- Helicopter would not operate without RWR if there are aircraft with radars that can attack helicopters.

-He believes that the DCS BS campaigns are made incorrectly.

I simply said:

- Instead of modifying DCS BS, why not use arcade mode? Because in the Arcade mode, would be easier to get this information and you would have more information.

- I wondered if Fifou265 carry chaff or ECM on the KA-50 and wondered the value of knowing if radar is looking at you if you can’t do something against it.

- Because of his comment, I wondered if he worked on Russian helicopters.

I do not believe I question him or his mod in anyway and hope that he understands that.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I'm going to ask ED to remove Radio Assists also, as they announce incoming missiles. We can't have that.

Nate

Is it really a big deal if that's the standard of your MP group? What does it matter to you what they do, especially if you don't participate MP with them? Oh right, it doesn't.

The same thing could be said about a group that allowed such a mod :thumbup:

It's of no consequence what people do with their game, but if a group wants specific standards you don't agree with, then common sense would tell me that it's not a group you would find ideal for your online time.

But really, what do I know.