How to unchain the rudder from trim

Sorry mate, I use for trim the NWS button on my joystick, the small button down by my pinky, it is used for the Nose Wheel Stearing for the A10, sorry I am not sure what it is called other than that. I will try to use the script and see if I can get it to work, in the meantime could you possibly help in any way? thanks so much I appreciate it alot.

The reason force feedback pedals do not exist is because companies fear injury to the user. The pedals would have to be very powerful to move and keep position with the weight of your leg on them. Can you imagine if it kicked back and forced your leg up (do to your knee bending) into your desk and injured you. Lawsuit city. These "free ride" frivolous lawsuits and greedy lawyers killed products like this. So if your upset you can not have force feedback pedals thank the fools who sue McDonald's for spilling coffee on themselves because it was "too hot". Want to screw something up? Get the government involved.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry mate, I use for trim the NWS button on my joystick, the small button down by my pinky, it is used for the Nose Wheel Stearing for the A10, sorry I am not sure what it is called other than that. I will try to use the script and see if I can get it to work, in the meantime could you possibly help in any way? thanks so much I appreciate it alot.

OK. If you are not using Target then you are just sending DX to the sim. I will put a script together just for the stick not the throttle so that it sends DX for all the other buttons except trim. You will still have to map your controls in game again since once Target gets ahold of the stick it will change the name the sim sees. I will post something tomorrow barring RL getting in the way.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This should do the trick. I did not test it in BS2, as my lack of helo piloting skills would not tell me anything.

The trim button, along with all the others, still needs to be mapped in game like normal. All I have done is added a function so that when the trim (NWS) button is released, the z and x keys will each be pressed and released very quickly (~30ms).

The most likely issue is the delay between key press/release events. It may need some adjusting.

Hope this is of some help.

EDIT: Here is what the output looks like. The line of code is right below the test window, btw.

DCS BS2 Stick only.zip

2080913068_RudderFunction.JPG.6b99dd653d1d9aa99290fedc0bb61640.JPG

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks so much for this I really appreciate your time, one noob question though while I am at work, how do I instal this? do I simply download and instal from my in game control panel? thanks again and I will send you feedback on how it worked for me.

Thanks so much for this I really appreciate your time, one noob question though while I am at work, how do I instal this? do I simply download and instal from my in game control panel? thanks again and I will send you feedback on how it worked for me.

You install it via Target, TMs scripting software. If you did not install it yet, you will need to. Target has two interfaces, a GUI and an Editor. What you will do is start the editor, open the file I made, run it. Start DCS, go to Options>Controls, look for the new controller "Warthog Combined" and map every button to the desired commands (don't forget the axis as well. Save the profile. Play.

I can provide more details if you need them and I will be around later if you get stuck.

Here are some links you might need/want.

[T.A.R.G.E.T. ] 38 MB

[user manual (English) - v1.6] 1.7 MB

[script Editor basics - v1.5] 700 KB

[script Editor Appendix - USB Keydown and Keyup codes - v1.2 ] 176 KB

Edited by cichlidfan

Thanks alot for the work, can I easily revert back to my TM Hotas if I feel this does not work well for me? is the difference very noticeable and the KA50 fly better this way?

I can't speak to the flying part but switching back is simple. Just don't load the Target profile. The sim will see your default stick, instead of the Target version, and all should be as before. It is almost like having two different Warthogs.

I use profiles for all my sims, with as little programmed in game as possible. It makes it easier to try things without making permanent changes to controller configs inside the game. Especially true for games that don't allow you to save multiple configs easily (i.e. FSX).

All is good accept one major thing, I cannot assign my throttle to the collective at all, the default is the slider and when I go to change it it wont let me assign the throttle to collective, any ideas why?

Describe won't let me. If you go to Axis Assign, clear the field, double click it (to bring up the assignment window) and move the throttle; the axis name does not appear in the window?

correct, and another thing which I dont feel is because of TARGET but could use some help with is this, my NWS button now centers my track ir even though the keyboard command in my trackir is set to something different (have it set to keyboard Z.

correct, and another thing which I dont feel is because of TARGET but could use some help with is this, my NWS button now centers my track ir even though the keyboard command in my trackir is set to something different (have it set to keyboard Z.

Z is your left rudder key. You can't use that for TIR since the sim is using it for rudder input, and I need it for the script to work.

Target should not be affecting your Throttle at all so I do not know why that would be happening. The one explanation that comes to mind is that your config file is corrupted.

If you go to you Saved Games folder, under Config should be a folder for each controller. Delete the Throttle folder. That will reset everything when you restart the sim and should fix the problem.

I tried that and it does not work, strange...not sure what else to do to get it to recognize the throttle. I removed the throttle folder from the saved games KA50 input folder, but to no avail.

This problem did not exist prior to trying the Target script?

You should not have had to touch the throttle at all. Before this you should had a column, in Options>Controls, for each (throttle and stick). Now you should have a different column for the stick but the Throttle column should have stayed the same.

Hmmm, I may have to fire up BS2 and see if there is something screwy going on in their impimentation of the Warthog combined lua. I probably won't have an answer for a couple of hours though.

EDIT: Wait a minute, double check the column headings when you are doing this. You could be in the wrong column and that is why it won't assign. I have done that before myself because there are so many columns on my setup.

Edited by cichlidfan

No, there was no separate column for the throttle, I had to assign everything all over again, sounds like there was something wrong with the script possibly? please take your time and get back to me when you can, I appreciate you helping with this.

"EDIT: Wait a minute, double check the column headings when you are doing this. You could be in the wrong column and that is why it won't assign. I have done that before myself because there are so many columns on my setup"

will do brb.

Nope, only columns I have are keyboard, combined (yours), trackir and saitek peddles.

OK, something is amiss. My appologies for assuming this would work as it should without trying it in BS2. I have an idea where the trouble is though.

I am expecting a plumber any minute now (hopefully;)). Once that is taken care of I will dig into this further. Sorry again for the screwup.

EDIT: I assume you also have a mouse column and just did not mention it...I hope.

Here. Toss the other script and use this. This will put your throttle back.

DCS BS2 Stick only.zip

If this also fails for you and you cant get it to work ... :

I need your Jostick ID and the Button number - than I can compile a AHK.exe that will execute the script with out the need to install/use target.

Simply by clicking the exe.

To get your Jostick ID > download and install this. JoyIDs

And have a look at the colume.

To get the number for your trim-button :

>WindowsStart >and type "Set up USB game controllers"

JoyID.png

is the difference very noticeable and the KA50 fly better this way?

Do I really have to quote the fist page of this Thread for you again?!

Do or do not - there is no Try. :)

Edited by PeterP

Here you are!

:)

This zip contains two version - as I don't know which keyboard layout you are using.

1.Rudder_trim_Ka-50_4Joy3_for qwerty_x64.exe

2.Rudder_trim_Ka-50_4Joy3_for_qwertz_x64.exe

- please make sure you don't have remapped the key-commands for rudder movement (z/x by default) - or it will fail to work.

If you are using a 32bit system - the files will not work.

I have to compile them tomorrow with my laptop for 32bit.(I'm too lazy to pull it out of my work-case right now - and I can't compile 32bit executables on my x64 system easily)

Just execute the file before starting BlackShark - than you will have a green notification AHK symbol in your system-tray. By right-clicking it you can pause this script or exit.

You can test it before in notepad or similar - It should look like this when you release your trim button:

"zx" or "yx".

Edited by PeterP