150k reached-good times ahead!

150k reached :thumbup:

good job backers, good job devs!

just keep on doing what your are doing right now luthier, and im confident that your sim will be successfull...stay in touch with the community, keep delivering updates and in due time we will all be flying the pony, the butcher, the jug, the sissyfire, the Kurfürst, and yeah the 262 :megalol:

congrats!

! YES!!!!!!!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Fantastic news, it's lager time! :thumbup: And the bonus of the ME262!

Well done to Ilya and the team and all the backers, extra thanks to Mystic Puma for video and Bliss for the ATAG Pedals competition, and everyone who went the extra yard to help with this kickstarter. Salute to you all.

Blue skies ahead! :pilotfly:

DavidRed: So that's where my rewrite of Winston's speech ended up. Apparently I owe Furbs some royalties there. I promise to donate any future earnings to DCSWW2. Cheers. :smilewink:

Fantastic news, it's lager time! :thumbup: And the bonus of the ME262!

Well done to Ilya and the team and all the backers, extra thanks to Mystic Puma for video and Bliss for the ATAG Pedals competition, and everyone who went the extra yard to help with this kickstarter. Salute to you all.

Blue skies ahead! :pilotfly:

DavidRed: So that's where my rewrite of Winston's speech ended up. Apparently I owe Furbs some royalties there. I promise to donate any future earnings to DCSWW2. Cheers. :smilewink:

furbs also already asked me where i stole that quote....:)

sorry, i think its time to edit it...but it was just fitting perfectly.

cheers

Actually I think it applies even more now. 2500 backers raising $155k+ is a great effort by the 'few', it sort of works both ways! And the ME262 is a great bonus.Looking forward to the Dora in Feb.. Just need to start the "The grass is the wrong shade of green and where are the squirrels in the trees?" thread...:smilewink:

Yes its good that $150k was reached. Lets not forget though that ED and Luthier were expecting much more than this, initial stretch goals were at 375K and up to $1m.

I'm not expecting speedy progress from now on, this amount of funding puts it on a level with other DCS 3rd party efforts I suspect. The best thing now would be if other 3rd party devs express an interest in producing planes for the engine.

Maybe continuing crowd funding via Paypal can work, it'll need regular progress updates though and I'm not sure how the rewards would work though. Star Citizen seems to open and close rewards at will so it can happen outside KS.

Actually I think it applies even more now. 2500 backers raising $155k+ is a great effort by the 'few', it sort of works both ways! And the ME262 is a great bonus.Looking forward to the Dora in Feb.. Just need to start the "The grass is the wrong shade of green and where are the squirrels in the trees?" thread...smilewink.gif

Fifty cals not killing Tigers ;)

Actually I think it applies even more now. 2500 backers raising $155k+ is a great effort by the 'few', it sort of works both ways! And the ME262 is a great bonus.Looking forward to the Dora in Feb.. Just need to start the "The grass is the wrong shade of green and where are the squirrels in the trees?" thread...:smilewink:

Unfortunatelly, squirrels in the trees are quite safe, as you can freely fly thru them in DCS.

That was a thing that I had to fight with for a long time until I finally pledged.

So please don't remind me of those trees...:unsure:

They say it will be eventually solved, so let's hope so.

Edited by ami7b5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What an excellent result. And it ain't over yet. :)

The last 24 hours have been the most interesting, exciting and satisfying from a WWII combat flight sim perspective I can remember. And I didn't even touch my joystick once.

A big congratulations to everyone involved. Good Job!!

Yes its good that $150k was reached. Lets not forget though that ED and Luthier were expecting much more than this, initial stretch goals were at 375K and up to $1m.

I'm not expecting speedy progress from now on, this amount of funding puts it on a level with other DCS 3rd party efforts I suspect. The best thing now would be if other 3rd party devs express an interest in producing planes for the engine.

Maybe continuing crowd funding via Paypal can work, it'll need regular progress updates though and I'm not sure how the rewards would work though. Star Citizen seems to open and close rewards at will so it can happen outside KS.

It's a catch 22 situation. The more aircraft you plan to include in the initial release the more interest you'll get, but the less you'll be able to charge for each individual plane included.

I think they've probably got it about right; enough aircraft for people to fly against each other in, but will enough types left available for them to produce and sell at full price later on.

At least the initial release hasn't promised too much content and potential overstretched the dev's. Still, producing a new map, 4 DCS P51 quality aircraft, a few AI planes and campaigns in a year sounds like quite a big ask.

If things go well then they can offer new planes for sale as normal.

Unfortunatelly, squirrels in the trees are quite safe, as you can freely fly thru them in DCS.

That was a thing that I had to fight with for a long time until I finally pledged.

So please don't remind me of those trees...:unsure:

They say it will be eventually solved, so let's hope so.

Apparently you did not see my response to your post.

If only those trees were collidable...

I pledged with eyes wide shut; but still hope they'll solve this arcadish feature in EDGE.

Can't be unseen.

Trees will probably be collidable in DCS WWII.

RPS: Will hedge-hopping DCS WWII pilots need to worry about vegetation collisions?

Ilya: My long and painful experience with past projects forces me to add a warning here that all features are subject to change and so on and so forth. And, the answer is yes.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where did you get that?

ami7b5 having to fight with the idea of the noncollidable trees prior to pledging would not have changed due to my response, since my post was after he pledged, but the way he said "please don't remind me of those trees" makes it sound like he did not read my post since he is still concerned about it. The statement is not "it will eventually be solved," it is basically "yes" to vegetation collisions. I realize my response to ami7b5 could seem kind of rude though, and I apologize for that. (I updated my response to be more appropriate.)

If you mean the statement by Ilya: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/27/the-flare-path-toad-array/

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ami7b5 having to fight with the idea of the noncollidable trees prior to pledging would not have changed due to my response, since my post was after he pledged, but the way he said "please don't remind me of those trees" makes it sound like he did not read my post since he is still concerned about it. The statement is not "it will eventually be solved," it is basically "yes" to vegetation collisions. I realize my response to ami7b5 could seem kind of rude though, and I apologize for that. (I updated my response to be more appropriate.)

If you mean the statement by Ilya: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/27/the-flare-path-toad-array/

No prob with that Vincent, we'll see for ourselves next year :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just need to start the "The grass is the wrong shade of green and where are the squirrels in the trees?" thread...:smilewink:

Does the "there's only one RAF plane, and though that was very clear from the start, I'll wait until after the Kickstarter is over and everyone's pledged a tonne of money to start nagging about it and demand a substantial change to the entire project to please me" thread count? It's about on the same wavelength for sure.