Ideas to help promoting DCS WWII Kickstarter

Charly_Owl

Greetings, folks!

DCS WWII kickstarter now reached 44000 $. With 25 more days to go, the project needs a steady flow of new backers. We're doing okay so far, but we could be doing much, much better. I think Ilya, Oleg and Igor need our help! Let us make this "our" project too!

The project looks good on paper, but few people are willing to read everything, get bored and eventually just dismiss the project as "just another weird geek-fest". Indeed, the kickstarter page looks a bit bland and I think people need better advertisement in order to understand just how awesome this project really is. I think we could help in some very effective ways:

1) Convince Luthier to create an official facebook page for the project, so we can more easily forward information that is presented in a more concise, customizable and orderly fashion. In kickstarters just like in real life, presentation and appearances often make the difference. Social networks are a great way to spread information quickly and efficiently; they are often overlooked by developers but Star Citizen is a testament to the power of a community that is motivated.

2) Create promotional posters about the kickstarter. We could even do a little friendly contest! It can be just a super cool photoshop pictures of a Spit and a 109 taken from CloD or a P-51D and a FW190 taken from DCS World... the thing is that such a "poster" would require general information about:

a) what the project is about

b) the importance of who is behind this

c) the ambition of the project and why it matters (weather, seasons, etc.)

d) a concise and easily understandable explanation of packages (not all of them, just the ones people are more likely to buy, like the 40 $ one)

e) the potential behind the EDGE engine

f) the fact that this project can appeal to ALL flight simmers: hardcore players just like those who like to press a button and fly "à la War Thunder".

g) it's THE simulator so many of us have been asking for years. If the kickstarter fails, we're unlikely to get another chance. Not in another decade, that's for sure.

I do have some skills in photoshop/gimp... so I guess I could try to do a little something. Although, I'm 99 % sure many of you guys have way more experience and skill than me for this kind of thing.

3) Create promotional videos of existing WW2 DCS aircrafts like the P-51D. These 2 videos made me buy the P-51D. I'm not even kidding as I knew nothing about the plane at the time. Now I can't live without flying it at least once a week :)

Video 1:

Video 2:

a) Many youtubers do excellent videos. I'm sure I've seen a couple on this forum that made my jaw drop. Like this one:

b) GlowingAmraam also does superb (and I don't use this word lightly) videos. We should ask him if he would be interested to help Ilya, Oleg and Igor with their project! I'm sure he would be thrilled to give a hand given the opportunity.

c) Anyone else skilled in doing videos could do something to help promote this game! Simply flying the P-51D in DCS World could give a pretty good idea of the level of immersion they're aiming for.

Anybody remembers this video?

:pilotfly:

Thoughts? Suggestions? Let's brainstorm!

Edited by Charly_Owl

Making Youtube videos would be a whole lot more appealing if I could have permission to monetize the videos. Doesn't cost ED or RRG anything, and gives video creators reason to believe they might get a little something for the work and time spent.

This good enough?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1408028#post1408028

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just be aware of the situation described in this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108689

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

SimHQ

Does anyone know anyone that can get SimHQ to put this kickstarter on their homepage??? Or at least consider it. I bet there would be a spike in donations if they did. :music_whistling:

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it is!

I swear I searched this forum and the official website. Really, I did. Silly of me to expect a sticky or other formal notice in the video forum. Silly of me to search for "Youtube monetization." Oh well.

Thanks very much. :)

He he! Impress us!

DCS: WWII work in progress screenshots and videos will have people backflipping for their wallet. Those two vids he posted so far ain't gonna do it.

I think they'll hit their funding goals but I have no idea about the stretches. Again, more pr support is needed. I agree on the in game vids or pics, they'd help a lot but they may not be that far along in the building process.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

N4G

Hi chaps please gather some more momentum by commenting on this post please :)

http://n4g.com/news/1349667/dcs-wwii-europe-1944-kickstarter-live

Kudos to whomever started this :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Does anyone know why a site like SimHQ seems totally uninterested in the Kickstarter campaign despite commenting all the time on IL2:BOS progress for example? Is it about money?

Not sure but I remember a review on simhq comparing the DCS mustang to the A2A FSX Mustang. I believe the A2A mustang come out on top. I have flown both and in my opinion the DCS Mustang is head and shoulders above the A2A mustang.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Lots of money floating around at the RSI forum, so getting the word out there could pay big dividends!

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Luthier needs to post some something, I was expecting him to do that yesterday.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Hi chaps please gather some more momentum by commenting on this post please :)

http://n4g.com/news/1349667/dcs-wwii-europe-1944-kickstarter-live

Kudos to whomever started this :thumbup:

I posted that days ago, it nearly failed to get approved but I did some 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' deals by approving other people's stories to get it done, if more people comment the hotter the story gets and it may appear on the front page if it already isn't deemed too old