Uncontrollable Rudder

vrv

When taking off I'm unable to control the slick because it seems like the rudder is jammed to the left. I can rudder to the right to counter it but I can't control the aircraft at all. I've never had any issues with any of the other modules and I've tried using different profiles / sans profile. (X-52 non-pro) I just end up spinning at high speeds or crashing when taking off.

Edit: I've noticed that ingame the rudder is all the way to the left regardless of what axis I have it set on or if it's unassigned.

Edited by vrv

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Check in the Options\Controls menu the line for rudder control. It often happens, that an additional input device is connected to the rudder accidently. It happens when a new device was connected to the computer or sometimes when an update was installed. Simply delete the entries which were not installed intentionally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried changing the mode to game and it seems to fix the problem. It's only when I'm using simulation. I've also noticed that the rudder may not be the problem because in the cockpit and on my joystick there is no rudder input but I'm stuck in a left spin like the rudder is jammed into the side. The pedals at the bottom are in the center and it still does it regardless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Opening post you say slick ? If your talking about the Mi-8 try engaging the pitch channel on auto pilot before attemting T/O and uncheck the control helper in options/special tab.

AFAIK the game mode of MI-8 is fubar

hope this helps:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried changing the mode to game and it seems to fix the problem. It's only when I'm using simulation. I've also noticed that the rudder may not be the problem because in the cockpit and on my joystick there is no rudder input but I'm stuck in a left spin like the rudder is jammed into the side. The pedals at the bottom are in the center and it still does it regardless.

You are aware that helicopters need a lot of rudder input at takeoff, right?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

You are aware that helicopters need a lot of rudder input at takeoff, right?

Yeah I am aware of that. But when I can't control the helo because of the spinning it means something is wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I am aware of that. But when I can't control the helo because of the spinning it means something is wrong.
Yes, sure.

so please look up if your sim assignment matches your game-mode assignment.

This may help: corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools Fix it:

...and please don't forget to read at least the Mi-8 Quickstart manual.

Edited by PeterP

• 1 month later...

I get a similar issue sometimes, the rudder seems to move itself to the left or right... It only happens in the Mi-8 so it's not an issue with the stick. And also it seems to disable keyboard rudder inputs which I would use to "trim" out the problem, which is extra odd.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Happened to me 2 days ago. the slider that I use was full left and rudder in game central. I could have right rudder but left rudder stopped at central position. A restart cured it :noexpression:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Rudder control issues too

Hi, I'm also experiencing rudder control issues. I have find it usually occurs after I get an electrical failure of some sort as a result of too much collective. I have attached a track file from The Spring Campaign Mission 14 that seems to show it at it's worst. Reproduced more or less like this.

1. Mission start, no rudder assist in options, select the auto heading button

2. Take off, add collective to climb, some sort of electrical failure, I hear a whining noise from the right rear of the pilots position.

3. Electrical failure resets, reselect autopilot and auto heading

4. As I continue to fly rudder control gets progressively weaker.

5. Zero forward speed results in wild spinning.

Makes it very hard to land ;-)

Spring-Camp.-Mission-14.trk

• 1 year later...

i have an issue with the pedals not moving all the way to the end position for some reason. the controller is fine and i can move them further than their random end-points by using x and z.

I activated the trim rudder option and that seems to help, still pretty annoying as it lead to multiple spins i could only get out off by using x and z.