Anyone else's bindings messed up with the new patch 2.5.3.22652?

Just updated to the new patch 2.5.3.22652, hopped in an instant action and found I couldn't select AMRAAM or Sidewinder using my usual bindings. I've checked controls and it looks like a load of bindings have been changed, plus some are greyed out and so even they're the correct bindings they're not working. I've tried setting the binding again but it's not changing anything. I'm not sure what to do at this point - this doesn't seem like before where the bindings got wiped as I could at least remap them then.

attachment.php?attachmentid=195655&stc=1&d=1539174014

20181010201740_1.thumb.jpg.2970364a1ba19fd33e99bee875578676.jpg

Mine seem ok, just quickly checked after seeing your post.

Using default controller lua's, if that could be the issue.

Edit: Just added a screenshot of the same segment.

Edit: And for what its worth. I didnt change my controller lua's back when the Hornet controls got screwed with some ID change of sort (I think it was). I just remapped it all.

Screen_181010_143502.thumb.png.ba200356405ab07004ba3ab347aad4fa.png

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Mine seem ok, just quickly checked after seeing your post.

Using default controller lua's, if that could be the issue.

Edit: Just added a screenshot of the same segment.

Edit: And for what its worth. I didnt change my controller lua's back when the Hornet controls got screwed with some ID change of sort (I think it was). I just remapped it all.

Yeah I didn't edit any luas either, I just rebound - it looks like they've added/updated some default configs for the Thrustmaster joysticks and throttles according to some lua sleuthing someone else did, so seems like that's possibly causing the issues for me (I'm using the T16000 and TWCS which is on the list). I'm guessing there's a conflict between their default and my previous bindings.

I think if you set the binding marked red to "default" and restart the game, this will fix it and then you'll be able to change the assignment as you like.

At least that's what usually works for me if I see such error.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yep, and there a comm issues. Not sure if its our server but SRS won't work and key binds will not work.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Yes, a quick restart fixes the issues.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I hate these binding issues! ED never found a proper technique to handle binding thing!

Until last year I was directly editing stock lua files to fix my own bindings but I couldn't stand against updates, updates and updates. That's was exhausting modding for me. I quit.

... but I luckily have zero problem with bindings on today's update. :D :D :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mine are TOTALLY SCREWED UP again. Its really SHODDY release control by ED messing up binding, seemingly at random. They really need to sort themselves out, this is VERY basic stuff that any IT newbie developer should be able to deal with. There is no reason whatsoever why bindings should change UNLESS ED specifically notify which ones as part of the release notes. I seriously have to worry about the lack of professionalism of ED in this area (And I speak as an IT professional with 30 yrs experience including being my organisations release manager for 10 of those years.) BE ASHAMED ED.

Does this have anything to do with that Triple-Screen Missing Controllers from last week?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Mine are TOTALLY SCREWED UP again. Its really SHODDY release control by ED messing up binding, seemingly at random. They really need to sort themselves out, this is VERY basic stuff that any IT newbie developer should be able to deal with. There is no reason whatsoever why bindings should change UNLESS ED specifically notify which ones as part of the release notes. I seriously have to worry about the lack of professionalism of ED in this area (And I speak as an IT professional with 30 yrs experience including being my organisations release manager for 10 of those years.) BE ASHAMED ED.

You were warned multiple times that keybindings could and will change during EA. This is not the first time and it won't be the last.

I seriously doubt the veracity of your claims. As an IT Solutions Architect I have not seen a single business operate an IT department at any level without errors. I have seen patches work flawlessly in a Test environment to only fail miserably in a Prod environment.

I have personally witnessed Project Managers lie to get features or config changes pushed which resulted in Prod failures.

I have personally seen manufacturer hardware patches bring down a Prod network resulting in the manufacturer paying Federal Reserve Fines that were incurred as a result of a mandatory upgrade.

So I call BS on everything you typed...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I should say (before anyone else mentions it) I DID follw the usual ED advice and back up my controller mappings before the update. Restoring them after the update had messed up my bindings did NOTHING, they were still messed up after I restored the backup in the same way (multiple keys/buttons bound to functions at random, same button mapped to more than one function, other mappings I had deliberately BLANKED appearing again. Also I notice that the ORDER in which devices appear in the mapping screen changes randomly after updates. I use KEYBOARD, THRUSTMASTER WARTHOG JOYSTICK, THRUSTMASTER WARTHOG THROTTLE, THRUSTMASTER RUDDER PEDALS and MOUSE. But after an update the order the devices appear in on the screen changes at random on those occasions when the update has messed up the bindings (and differs between Release version and Open Beta). SO I end up having to remap everything which is a total pain when you have multiple DCS modules to do the remapping for, and the 'Backup' approach doesn't work (probably because the device order changes randomly). No I haven't replugged my devices by the way.

This isn't just a Hornet issue. It seems to have impacted all of EDs aircraft in some way. (3rd party aircraft seem to be fine). So basically none of these aircraft are flyable except using the default bindings right now for me (and some of the default bindings are awful).

REVELATION : IT departments do make errors. but should NEVER NEVER NEVER make the same error twice, let alone MANY times, each time causing major disruption to the customer, and worst of all appearing to not care they are doing it. I HAVE SACKED STAFF FOR LESS. So don't 'seriously doubt' what I say, come and work for me and see how long before I sack you for causing unacceptable disruption to customers.

REVELATION : IT departments do make errors. but should NEVER NEVER NEVER make the same error twice, let alone MANY times,
Again, YOU were warned that this could and would happen during EA. Maybe you should stick to something else until EA is over?

each time causing major disruption to the customer, and worst of all appearing to not care they are doing it.
This isn't a major disruption... Since ED doesn't personally send you a PM begging your holiness for forgiveness they appear as they don't care - gotcha.

I HAVE SACKED STAFF FOR LESS.
I simply don't care what your justifications are for firing people.

So don't 'seriously doubt' what I say, come and work for me and see how long before I sack you for causing unacceptable disruption to customers.
I do seriously doubt what you typed. I still call BS. Well I don't work for you so we will never know how long before you would "sack" me. My guess, based entirely on your posts, you'd be sacked long before I.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Fighting about it isn't constructive and reduces the likelihood of a response as the thread rapidly becomes toxic.

Its an issue that has affected pretty much all of EDs aircraft not just the Hornet and expecting something to be done the moment it is brought to their attention (as if they knew it was a problem and pushed it anyway) is unreasonable.

Please also bare in mind this was an update to the Open Beta version of the game, there is nothing stopping you from rolling it back to the standard version at least for now if that is what you choose to do.

As far as I can see, they added default mappings for all popular input devices which messes things up. Nice to see some more default mappings... It's still EA and not the end of the world...

I had only some double bindings, Com1+2 and Airbreak retract, everything else is working fine as before the update.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings