Need Help with Anton Performance

When flying the Fw 190 A-8 Anton just in free flight I am getting a choppy 30-40 fps. Is this normal? My reference is flying the instant action dogfight mission in the Mustang over normandy (the 2 vs 2 dogfight against bf-109) I get 120-144 fps. In the Anton I am also seeing light on the edges of the instrument panel where it butts the shroud, as if there is a gap between instrument panel and shroud. Is this normal?

If anyone had tips/info on how to get the Anton to run smoothly, besides upgrade my computer, I would appreciate it.

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

With increased polygons and graphical updates, there is more computing load for the GPU...

AKA Venturi

"You can tell a bomber pilot by the spread across his rear, and by the ring around his eye, you can tell a bombadier; You can tell a navigator by his maps and charts and such, and you can tell a fighter pilot - but you can't tell him much!" -523 TFS Fighter Pilots Song Book

• 3 weeks later...

My experience is the same.

I have stable 60fps (Vsync on) 1080p with every single jet and ww2 module on every single map but when I have tried the instant action "free flight" with the Anton I have got about 40-50fps every single time at Normandy. Sometimes it drops even lower to 15-30fps.

It feels the fps drops even more from specific angles looking out from the cockpit.

I noticed that the Anton Free Free flight instant mission at Normandy has many effect like smoke and units flying around compared to the rest so I am am not sure if it has anything to do with the perfocmance flying this module. Tomorrow I will test it more with custom made missions or other stock one with less possible assets turned on . But for the first sight it feels like this is some kind of optimization issue .

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

My experience is the same.

I have stable 60fps (Vsync on) 1080p with every single jet and ww2 module on every single map but when I have tried the instant action "free flight" with the Anton I have got about 40-50fps every single time at Normandy. Sometimes it drops even lower to 15-30fps.

It feels the fps drops even more from specific angles looking out from the cockpit.

I noticed that the Anton Free Free flight instant mission at Normandy has many effect like smoke and units flying around compared to the rest so I am am not sure if it has anything to do with the perfocmance flying this module. Tomorrow I will test it more with custom made missions or other stock one with less possible assets turned on . But for the first sight it feels like this is some kind of optimization issue .

That instant flight has tons of aircraft, are you sure it's not a RAM issue?

There are roughly 50+ aircraft on that Instant flight, few Bomber groups etc..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That instant flight has tons of aircraft, are you sure it's not a RAM issue?

There are roughly 50+ aircraft on that Instant flight, few Bomber groups etc..

Thats why I was thinking its the mission so I will try different missions also but still I have played heavier missions with other modules and I have never got this low FPS.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Thats why I was thinking its the mission so I will try different missions also but still I have played heavier missions with other modules and I have never got this low FPS.

I had 40 also, then I turned off MSAA 2x and changed to NVIDIA control panel FXAA ... it jumped to 60-70

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have tried other missions where my FPS seemed stable with the Anton so It might be that its just this mission due to its memory requirements. I have only 16Gb.

(Just ordered an other 16Gb so I will be able to test it next week if it will help or not with this specific mission to rule out if its due to low memory or not)

I have tried other missions where my FPS seemed stable with the Anton so It might be that its just this mission due to its memory requirements. I have only 16Gb.

(Just ordered an other 16Gb so I will be able to test it next week if it will help or not with this specific mission to rule out if its due to low memory or not)

Yes I am on 16 too, must get 32 ASAP.. this sim will require 32 as minimum soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]