Red Flag F-16C Mission by SEDLO

Sedlo

WELCOME TO RED FLAG

Welcome to Red Flag Mission 1. My goal in creating this mission is to simulate a realistic air to ground Red Flag mission for the new DCS F-16C Viper. In order to fly this mission successfully, you’ll need to execute critical tasks, from hitting your timing points to low level flying to possible air to air combat.

Make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the mission briefing and what’s expected of you before you enter the mission. Things can happen fast in the air, so better to prepare on the ground!

This mission features a ton of voice overs, challenging situations and custom triggers and scripts that should help make the experience memorable.

Good Luck!

Download Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306417/

SITUATION

Last week, Red Army forces began to move combat units close to the Blue border, in clear violation of the UN Security Council resolution 354. This, along with frequent Red Air Force violations into the DMZ area, have led Blue leadership to realize that a Red attack is imminent.

Today, Blue forces will preemptively strike the Red Forces staging near the DMZ. The attack will consist of several F/A-18 strikes upon Red Command and Control facilities adjacent to the border, plus SEAD strikes against SAM, AAA and EWR sites. Aiding this effort will be several flight of F-15 and F/A-18 fighters to take care of any hostile airborne responses.

Blue forces will have AWACS, tanker and jamming support on this mission, which will be orbiting to the East.

THREATS

Red Army and Air forces are on a high state of alert.

• SA-10, SA-8, SA-3 AND SA-6 radar guided SAMs are all located adjacent to the DMZ.

• MANPADS and AAA threats exist throughout the AO.

• Hostile MiG activity has been heavy consisting of MiG-29, SU-27s (simulated by F-15 and F-16s of the 65th Aggressors and the 6513th TEF)

YOUR MISSION

Dodge 1 Flight will be targeting a Red Command and Control Bunker located at NB 67587 40715 in Range 74B, utilizing a low level, high speed run into a pop up, MK-84 bombing attack. You will only be making one pass, then egressing northeast at high speed and low altitude.

[TABLE]DODGE 1 F-16C STRIKE SOUTH CCC

DODGE 2 F/A-18C STRIKE NORTH CCC

FORD 1 F-15C SOUTH FIGHTER SWEEP

FORD 2 F-15C NORTH FIGHTER SWEEP

FORD 5 F-15C EGRESS FIGHTER SWEEP

PONTIAC 1 F/A-18C SOUTH SEAD

PONTIAC 2 F/A-18C NORTH SEAD

ARCO 11 KC-130 MARINE/NAVY REFUEL

DARKSTAR E-3C AWACS

VACCUUM EC-130 COMM/JAMM

SHOWTIME RED FLAG AIRBOSS

ALLEYCAT RED FLAG RANGE CONTROL[/TABLE]

NAVIGATION LOG

[TABLE]WAYPOINT NAME/ACTION NOTES

1 DEPARTURE FLEX DEPARTURE RWY 03R

2 FLEX NOT ABOVE 4000 MSL

3 SALLY CORRIDOR ENTRY

4 REFUEL TRACK REFUEL W/ARCO 11 295.4

5 MARSHALL

6 PUSH POINT PUSH TIME 16:45

7 NAV POINT BEGIN LOW LEVEL, 440 KIAS

8 TURN POINT LOW LEVEL 480 KTS

9 NAV POINT LOW LEVEL 480 KTS

10 INITIAL POINT POP UP ATTACK

11 TARGET TARGET (IR THREAT, USE FLARES)

12 EGRESS LOW LEVEL 480 KTS

13 NAV POINT LOW LEVEL 480 KTS

14 NAV POINT, EXIT COMBAT BEGIN CLIMB TO CRUISE

15 APEX CONTACT TOWER

16 NELLIS AFB LAND (OVERHEAD BREAK 21L)[/TABLE]

CODE WORDS

EXTRA BUTTER – SEAD PUSH TIME (16:43)

EXTRA LEGROOM – FIGHTER PUSH TIME (16:44)

EXTRA ADVENTURE – STRIKER PUSH TIME (16:45)

FIESTA COORS – MISSION COMPLETE RTB

NOTES ABOUT WAYPOINTS

• This mission is trigger based and these triggers rely on you overflying your waypoints to trigger the next event.

• Fly runway heading until north of the Racetrack, not above 4000msl until waypoint 2.

• Upon reaching waypoint 3 you will be pushed to ALLEYCAT

• You must decide whether to aerial refuel prior to the push, or go without. This question will be asked of you by ALLEYCAT between waypoint 3 and 4. Answer via the Radio Menu F10 Other option. (I have flown this mission without air to air refuelling and there is JUST enough gas, but you need to be very conservative with the throttle. I recommend tanking!)

• Be at the Push Point (Waypont 6) on time (16:45) and start a descent to low level. Maintain at least 440 KIAS!

• Be at very low level by the time you reach Highway. From waypoint 7, ensure you are flying low and at least 480 KIAS.

• Waypoint 9 is where you will be turning south towards the target. Use the mountains to mask yourself from the Red Air Defenses.

• Approaching the target, Pontiac 1 flight is tasked with destroying the SA-8 adjacent to the bunker.

• Utilize a pop up attack to bomb the bunker. Ensure that you pull out of the resultant dive at least 2000agl. MANPADs are expected around the target, so liberal use of flares and evasive manoeuvres is recommended.

• Egress the target at high speed towards waypoint 12.

• Remember, it’s important to overfly each and every one of your waypoints, unless directed to do something else. This mission is trigger based, and relies on you to navigate to these points to trigger the next event.

• DO NOT CHANGE THE WEAPONS LOADOUT! Mission functionality requires you to fly with what you’re given.

COMMS

[TABLE]CHANNEL FREQ USE

1 287.8 AIR TO AIR / AWACS

2 289.4 KLSV CLND

3 275.8 KLSV GROUND

4 327 KLSV TOWER

5 385.4 KLSV DEPARTURE

6 273.5 KLSV ARRIVAL

7 317.5 SALLY CNTRL

8 254.4 LEE CNTRL

9 305.6 SOF

10 343.725 SFA

11 270.1 KLSV ATIS

12 360.625 KINS TOWER

13 234.325 COYOTE

14 289.3 CALIENTE

15 228 RANGE 74

16 363.9 RANGE 75

17 238.8 ALAMO

18 231.1 JUICE

19 261.1 DREAMLAND APPROACH

20 300.05 HAVE QUICK TOD

[/TABLE]

NOTES ABOUT COMMS

Most communications with air traffic control and mission elements are scripted in the mission, and require you to tune the specific frequency or channel on the required radio. COMM1 is your UHF radio, COMM2 is your VHF. If you are instructed to, “UNIFORM 3”, select channel 3 on the UHF (COMM1) radio.

There are two instances in the mission where you will need to use the Radio Menu / F10 Other menu to make a choice.

• The first will be somewhere between waypoint 3 and 4, when ALLEYCAT will inquire as to whether you would like to do aerial refuelling prior to the push time, or not.

• The second time will occur when/if you are complete with the air to air refuelling when you’ll need to use the Radio Menu / F10 Other option to contact AWACS when you depart the tanker.

You CAN use the standard radio menu items to:

• Contact Darkstar (AWACS)

• Contact ARCO 11 (air refuelling tanker)

• Command your Wingman (who will be responding on your VHF (COMM2) radio on channel 1 138.05 Mhz).

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

Voice overs kindly provided by:

TheHoneyBadger

T-Money

The MagnificientKO

Spudknocker

VIPERTITLE.jpg

• Thanks 1

:thumbup:

And thanks a lot for sharing another nice work of yours, Sedlo.

Even if so far from an expert pilot, I'm appreciating those missions for time to time I'm flying them, I just wanted to let you know my feedback.

With best regards.

Thank you, JagHond! Hopefully another will come live on the site today, too.

:thumbup:

And thanks a lot for sharing another nice work of yours, Sedlo.

Even if so far from an expert pilot, I'm appreciating those missions for time to time I'm flying them, I just wanted to let you know my feedback.

With best regards.

Did you tune to the tanker before being “handed off” to the tanker by the scripting?

I did this when playing the mission and also had no F10, after I refuelled I switched back to the uhf preset I was on prior to switching to the tanker and instantly I got handed off to contact the tanker, and the f10 option appeared. So perhaps you are jumping the gun and switching before being told to do so like I did.

On another note, thanks for this mission Sedlo, your going the extra mile with scripted comms hugely adds to immersion, everything you have put out is great and I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment!

Very nicely done. I like the time on target aspect. Really enjoyed it even though I got vaporized at the target :)

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does the refuelling in this mission work? because I can't get Aerial Refuelling to work in the Viper at the moment...

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Cool, I'll give it a try tomorrow night. BTW if you ever need any British voice acting lemme know.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thank you, JagHond! Hopefully another will come live on the site today, too.

Oh, really? It would be fine, then.

Let's male a deal here, dear mate: on yours, please try to make as many as you can, if you still time and you're still willing to, of course.

We, on ours, will try to do something useful with them here. ;):megalol:

With best compliments again, and regards.

Edited by JagHond

What music? I don’t understand.

Pretty sure he is in the wrong thread and talkes about the red flag Campaign by beppe

Edited by Viking 1-1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Lolo - VERY sorry! Wrong thread!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

OK, a bit of an update to the mission... It's now a cold start mission, so you've got from 1603-1611 to get the jet ready for taxi. There are new voice overs and some additional threats and triggers to make it a bit more randomly challenging.

Good luck!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306417/

VIPERTITLE1.jpg

Really enjoying this Mission SEDLO!

Would it be possible to make this work as a 2 or 3 person online coop?

Probably need more ground targets etc but could be fun!

Proud owner of: