Is $36000 in 6-days lef for the Kickstarter possible at the current rate?

Mysticpuma

I've not seen anything on the 777 boards that suggested people posting there wanted DCS WW2 to fail, completely the opposite.

Some people find it hard to trust Oleg/Ilya after CloD, that's not an unreasonable stance to take. Some are concerned about the way the KS has been handled, once again reasonable.

I support 777 but I'd have liked nothing more than for RRG to raise $1m+ and prove that there's a huge pool of flight sim fans out there desperate for new products. Unfortunately this KS seems to confirm that the potential market for purely technical sims is really tiny, sadly :(

gosh i really hope we dont get this banana forum attitude here

That's why you need to use the force, erm, the report post feature and leave dealing with individuals to moderation staff. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I've not seen anything on the 777 boards that suggested people posting there wanted DCS WW2 to fail, completely the opposite.

Some people find it hard to trust Oleg/Ilya after CloD, that's not an unreasonable stance to take. Some are concerned about the way the KS has been handled, once again reasonable.

I support 777 but I'd have liked nothing more than for RRG to raise $1m+ and prove that there's a huge pool of flight sim fans out there desperate for new products. Unfortunately this KS seems to confirm that the potential market for purely technical sims is really tiny, sadly :(

Mogster, let's not confuse this kickstarter's success for market potential. It's one thing to put your money up for a promise and another to buy a game that's ready and available. If a good game is produced it will find a good market. Question is only what revenues can be made with this venture since it's all promised to be free.

MAC

Mogster, let's not confuse this kickstarter's success for market potential. It's one thing to put your money up for a promise and another to buy a game that's ready and available. If a good game is produced it will find a good market. Question is only what revenues can be made with this venture since it's all promised to be free.

MAC

Sometimes I see 700 people and more on the DCS forums...didn't they start off with the same free approach to the game, and for more content for sale later on?...I really don't know :)

Edited by GT 5.0

Sometimes I see 700 people and more on the DCS forums...didn't they start off with the same free approach to the game, and for more content for sale later on?...I really don't know :)

Do you mean that DCS World is for free and comes with a flyable Su 25? That is a good idea in my opinion, keeping in mind that the Su 25 doesn't have a clickable cockpit and is not of the same quality as the A 10, P-51 or others which you have to buy to enjoy. But DCS WWII promises to give away not only the game but also 3 (!) of the most desirable aircraft in DCS quality for free, to everyone. What that leaves them to sell I do not know.

MAC

Do you mean that DCS World is for free and comes with a flyable Su 25?
Indeed, and the flyables (Bf.109, Spitfire, P-47) are only "free" for backers $40 and up.

I don't know what made people think they could get the whole thing for free.

As $40 backer, you would still have to purchase the P-51D and Fw.190D-9 (if you want to fly those).

As stated before, you can try the free WWII map in a Su-25T.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Maybe I'm mistaken but you will only get the Bf.109, Spitfire and P-47 for "free" if you pledged $40 ... $20 will get you only one of these flyables ... so much for that tale.

The base game includes one free aircraft; the Su-25T.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/497151/posts/597595/image-325721-full.jpg?1379033344[/ IMG]

Please stop :)

The free downloadable version of Europe 1944 will include THREE fully flyable aircraft, each arguably more famous than the next: the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt fighter/ground attack aircraft, the Supermarine Spitfire fighter, and the German Messerschmitt Bf.109K.

So the following A/C in bold will be free for everyone

Flyable Aircraft:

Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt;

Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX;

Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;

Focke-Wulf FW.190D-9 (from DCS: World);

North-American P-51D Mustang (from DCS: World).

Source: only

Maybe I'm mistaken but you will only get the Bf.109, Spitfire and P-47 for "free" if you pledged $40 ... $20 will get you only one of these flyables ... so much for that tale.

The base game includes one free aircraft; the Su-25T.

image-325721-full.jpg?1379033344

I'm sorry but you are mistaken, since you're talking about DCS World and not DCS WWII. It is promised to be released with three free aircraft, the Spitfire MkIX, the Bf109-K4 and the P-47. You don't have to pledge anything to get those.

With a $20 pledge you can additionally select either the DCS P-51D or the FW190-D9 as a digital copy to use in DCS WWII, with $30 you get both. $40 gets you both plus any aircraft that will be made by making stretch goals (which looks unlikely now).

So if you previously bought the DCS P-51D and the FW190-D9 (to fly them in DCS World) a pledge will give you nothing you wouldn't get anyway, or be able to use in DCS WWII anyway, except for the backer's badge and Beta access. Notwithstanding some of the material gifts some other backing amounts grant you.

Quote from the original KS page:

The free downloadable version of Europe 1944 will include THREE fully flyable aircraft, each arguably more famous than the next: the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt fighter/ground attack aircraft, the Supermarine Spitfire fighter, and the German Messerschmitt Bf.109K. Non-player-controllable versions of all other aircraft will also be included, allowing the players to see them in action at any time.

MAC

Hi HJM,

- a paid flyable is one that you don't get for free with the base game (so it's the P51-D5, the FW190-D9 and any other plane that is developed by reaching stretch goals)

- ALL paid flyables then are the P51-D5, the FW190-D9 and any other plane that is developed by reaching stretch goals

MAC

Of course you may correct me.

My questions regarding this chart (which in my opinion is leading) are then:

- What is a paid flyable?

- What is ALL paid flyables?

Ha, good one! :) I got some bashing a while ago for pointing out this two were not clear.

My previous post answers your questions, with one needed addition:

Paid Flyables are P-51D, FW 190 D9 and any other paid flyable that will be released as per the Kickstarter stretch goals.

Edited by Bucic

Do you mean that DCS World is for free and comes with a flyable Su 25? That is a good idea in my opinion, keeping in mind that the Su 25 doesn't have a clickable cockpit and is not of the same quality as the A 10, P-51 or others which you have to buy to enjoy. But DCS WWII promises to give away not only the game but also 3 (!) of the most desirable aircraft in DCS quality for free, to everyone. What that leaves them to sell I do not know.

MAC

Thanks, so when DCS first when into business, there was a free game and one free aircraft

so you pledge $40 and get everything they ever release in the future?

No. That would be limited to the P-51D5, the FW190-D9 and any other aircraft that is developed by reaching the KS stretchgoals. Anything beyond that or not financed by reaching stretchgoals is not promised to be made available for free to pledgers of $40 and above.

MAC

No. That would be limited to the P-51D5, the FW190-D9 and any other aircraft that is developed by reaching the KS stretchgoals. Anything beyond that or not financed by reaching stretchgoals is not promised to be made available for free to pledgers of $40 and above.

MAC

Good point. I've updated my previous post.

Just an added point that if you already own DCS P51D in DCS:W it will work in DCS:WW2

and the Spit/109/P47 will work in DCS:W

Those 3 will be released for free regardless of pledging.

I personally think Ilya thought this was going to be alot more popular then it has been, perhaps it would have been if Ilya had been more proactive *shrug*

As it is it is my understanding you do not get the P51-D or Dora for a $40 pledge. They are DCS:W modules and not DCS:WW2 modules. You can import them into DCS:WW2 but when they said "paid add-ons" etc that doesnt include DCS:W modules. That is why there is a seperate line for them at the bottom of the chart.

So for $40 atm all you get is the P47, Spit MK IX and Me109K-4. If they get $150k then you will get the Me262 as well

Pman