Is $36000 in 6-days lef for the Kickstarter possible at the current rate?

Mysticpuma

There needs to be an intermediate stretch goal (eg. at $125k) and I think the Fw.190A-5 fits that bill perfectly.

It's relatively easy to be made, with the D9 already being in the works (not because I want yet another German fighter, but it's an icon nevertheless).

The fence-sitters probably look at this Kickstarter as a football game that has already been won, and are ready to go home.

If we can show them an obtainable goal, renewed team-spirit and scoring they may finally come on board (bandwagon effect).

And it may tempt current pledgers to raise their pledge to secure that goal.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Some thoughts:

1) Luthier's Rep

I do believe that having reached 100k is an achievement by itself. We probably won't reach 150k (but that's just pessimistic-me speaking) but at least, we're sure that the game will happen, and it will happen on Ilya's terms. This way, we can be pretty sure that there will be no f*ck up at release. Let's get real, here: Luthier's name on the project didn't please many very vocal people on the banana forums. The argument is always about "But CloD is/was awful!" and is mostly about personality. I think this project is a perfect occasion for Ilya to clear his name so he can truly have the credit he deserves. Once the game is released (not talking about alpha or beta state), we'll be able to see if the game is great, if the game is fun and if the game is the "real deal" we were promised. If that happens, I guess many naysayers might actually give this game a chance.

2) About money

I find the idea of 3 free aircrafts completely ludacris, but I'll just trust Ilya with that one. A lot of my friends also didn't pledge because "fr33 planez". BUT, what's great is that for 40-dollar pledgers have about 200$ worth of DCS-quality modules in their hands. Let's remember together that the Mustang was sold 40 $ when it released. Backers are still having a bargain. My opinion on the subject is that Ilya should continue his campaign on paypal (which is a great idea) and then, once the game releases (or before), he checks the poll about "who wants what aircraft the most". He will see what aircrafts are desired and then prepare "expansion modules" based on that, just like ED does with DCS World. These expansion modules will come at a cost, of course. Being a backer could give you a small discount, but I think newcomers could (and should) pay the full 40 $ for a new expansion. That would seem pretty reasonable, given that ED modules are priced this way and that most of us a ready to pay this amount of money.

3) About Project Scope

I think that the 100k goal being reached will allow Ilya to work on a project of a reasonable scope. If he has too much to handle... well, you know what could happen. That way, it'll be easier to reach schedule if there's less stuff (and less complexity) running in parallel.

4) About time

In the end, I think DCS WWII just needs a solid base module (Spit, 109 & P-47) that can be expanded over time. If the base module is well-received, there will inevitably be room for additional expansion/modules based on what people want. If we look at long-term longevity of the game, we're looking at very interesting possibilities.

Edited by Charly_Owl

I just posted this on the kickstarter messages:

"Slipball excellent find. It proves Paypal is an option and should be added now! My worry is that the target for the initial starter goal of $100,000 having been reached means the project will be funded. If on the last day of looks like the stretch goal wont be reached,

what is to stop 'pledgers' reducing their amount offered because they don't see the money opening up the 262 for them?

That's a really negative view, I know, but I assume some of the more recent donations or increases in pledges are to try and get to that 262, and if it comes down to the last day and RRG are nowhere near (say trend is $129,000) then those pledges can easily be pulled.

I think it's vitally important that in these last few days, Ilya shows a lot more presence here and looks at Slipball's link and offers Paypal. This is the chance to get those last few pledges that could make all the difference.

Related to the above, looking at Slipball's link.......over $2,000,000 pledged for a side scrolling old school game :(

Come on Ilya...one last push :(

Wow, I hope nothing like that happens! :cry:

A good reason would be to support the genre, these same people were happily pressuring everyone to pre-order BoS, what for? so we can play an unfinished version early?

Well ...

1) The people I am referring to in my post have not ordered BoS although we probably will buy/fly it

2) Supporting the genre is a false reasoning. This module will be made regardless now, thats done. Its just a case of whatever we get at the point of launch. If it doesnt get funded now they will release it further down the line.

3) One of the benefits Ilya is selling is Alpha and Beta access, which is an unfinished version of the game, so your point about that being a BoS tribute is now mute

Pman

Well ...

1) The people I am referring to in my post have not ordered BoS although we probably will buy/fly it

2) Supporting the genre is a false reasoning. This module will be made regardless now, thats done. Its just a case of whatever we get at the point of launch. If it doesnt get funded now they will release it further down the line.

3) One of the benefits Ilya is selling is Alpha and Beta access, which is an unfinished version of the game, so your point about that being a BoS tribute is now mute

Pman

It's not moot, alpha access is a gift for pledging not a selling point, unlike BoS pre-order.

if kickstarter suddenly fails funding then what criteria do you actually have for reasoning it will still be made regardless?

It's not moot, alpha access is a gift for pledging not a selling point, unlike BoS pre-order.

if kickstarter suddenly fails funding then what criteria do you actually have for reasoning it will still be made regardless?

Because Ilya made it clear that this would still be made even if the $100k wasnt hit.....

If I was accusing the whole ROF community I think the rule would apply, I'm talking about an element of that community and I'm not suggesting it's the blame of the community.

To be honest you just sound like a diehard Ilya fan or a massive hater of BoS. Either which way you cant be considered non-bias and therefore your opinion carries little weight

As soon as it became apparent that the $150k was not likely to happen, without intervention from Ilya, it was easy to see that some people would back down as pledging $40 gives you nothing more then $10 if there are no stretch goals achieved.

Thats just common sense and quite predictable

To be honest you just sound like a diehard Ilya fan or a massive hater of BoS. Either which way you cant be considered non-bias and therefore your opinion carries little weight

As soon as it became apparent that the $150k was not likely to happen, without intervention from Ilya, it was easy to see that some people would back down as pledging $40 gives you nothing more then $10 if there are no stretch goals achieved.

Thats just common sense and quite predictable

You clearly don't understand me then, I am a premium pre-orderer of BoS so what hate?

Yes I am a fan of Luthier by default, guy never did anything wrong to me, and many years of one of my most enjoyable hobbies were thanks to him.

Easy there, buddies. Let's focus on spreading the word and let's not settle in pasimism due to the current slowdown.

I'm going to increase my pledge (Me 262), but only after I see another video on tangible matters - not on general vision.

Edited by Bucic