Kneeboard pages for normal & emergency procedures

BlackWidowCB

Dear Eagle Dynamics,

as I am exclusively using VR for enjoying your simulation as a whole, could you please create kneeboard normal & emergency procedures officially as a built-in feature starting with the Viper?

Up to now, for every plane I had to download community created kneeboard pages (thanks to the creators) or design my own as I was not happy with the existing solutions.

Without checklists in VR, a simulator within DCS cannot be used like it is meant to be used, especially when learning a new module. The training missions are fine, but their "guidance" cannot be transferred or re-used any other mission. As a real world general aviation pilot I always stick to the checklists and would not want to introduce "bad habits" by using pseudo memorized checklists - too much can go wrong, especially in complex aircraft.

A kneeboard directly provided by DCS or by the corresponding 3rd Party Studio would also help in keeping frustration to a minumum when using a module to its full potential.

I read the Viper early access manual and the way the checklist are designed is very good (action and location) and I would be very happy if this would set a standard for a Viper kneeboard and upcoming releases, be it by Eagly Dynamics or 3rd Party Studios.

Yours,

Christian

I do have startup kneeboard checklists already prepared for the Viper, will probably upload once it's possible to upload user files for the module specifically ^^

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It is vital that the community is quick and helps where they can, but I believe that these procedures should be part of each new module

[*]

Think also of people who are new to DCS and / or do not follow the forums as we do - after all such directly prepared kneeboards would complete each module.

[*] and it saves CO2 :smilewink:

I'm gonna be using these kneeboard checklists below. They were made with some other sim in mind, but as far as I can tell the startup manual is pretty much 1-to-1 with ED's. They were made with input from real F-16 pilots so I guess their accuracy isn't that surprising. There's also emergency checklists and different charts and stuff that are very useful.

http://www.combatsimchecklist.net/F4download_checklists.htm

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

... Up to now, for every plane I had to download community created kneeboard pages (thanks to the creators) or design my own as I was not happy with the existing solutions.

I actually like to write my own, it helps a lot when learning the aircraft, and also help when one goes back to flying the plane after a few months off.

What I would love to have, is that ED changed the order of the kneeboard pages, putting first the mission kneeboard, followed by our custom kneeboard (at /Saved Games/), and then the standard aircraft's kneeboard and last the Map's kneeboard ... currently, the Mission's Kneeboard is last.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

complete each module.

Complete module, as in actually finished before the next one? Let's not start talking crazy here...:lol:

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR