Vac profile for DCS: A-10C

Hi,

This is the first version of my vac profile for DCS: A-10 C warthog, in this file, you will find a few tips that will allow you to efficiently use this profile:

I tried to use the same phrases as the manual or the spoken phrases in the sim so it should be fairly easy to know the actions performed by each phrase; you can also look in the attached xls file to see all the actions.

I have also tried to implement realistic radio comms so you will have to use the appropriate mic switch before speaking (there is no vac on/off command but you can always add one).

I also included AWACS and tanker callsigns (I will try to add JTAC and airbases later if I figure out a smart way to add them: think of multiple jtacs and different airbases names in the comms menu).

so for example to request a vector to tanker you should say:" wizard one, hawg one one alpha check to tanker"

But the problem is that the only player callsign I included was hawg 11 (thre are way too much player callsigns to include)

If you feel that it isn't realistic, you can always say:"awacs alpha check to tanker" or if you forgot the phrase, just say "awacs vector to tanker".

Of course, generally, you only have one AWACS and one tanker in the area so you only talk to the awacs/tanker in the first slot.

Because of the new comms system in the sim, all the radio commands involving JTAC, ATC and tankers have two different sets of commands to achieve the same result: for example when you are speaking to the jtac, and you accidentally push the wrong mic switch (or you contact someone else) then you lose the active conversation, and you have to navigate through the menu from scratch.

So if you lose the conversation, you say "JTAC ready to copy remarks"

If you didn't lose the conversation then just say "ready to copy remarks"

This is the same with the atc, the JTAC, and the tanker with "tower", "JTAC" and "tanker"

To understand this, please load the profile in vac builder to see what the actions do.

I also implemented the ground crew interaction, but for the rearming process, you can say "request rearming", but you still have to manually choose your payload...

I also added a command that hold the wheel brakes (to simulate wheel chocks) just say "chief set the chocks on" if you want to taxi, just hit the brakes or say "chief remove the chocks"

I still have to add some more Jtac functionalities such as the IR pointer and smoke marker but I would like to get some feedback on this first version.

PS: in this first version, you can only speak to the Jtac ant ATC in the first slot; next version will probably add more functionality to this profile.

DCS A-10C warthog Vac profile.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...