Draconian rules, as to what we can talk about.

Big Nuts

I see a thread deleted due to;

No political, social or cultural arguments allowed.....

Really? What's wrong with discussion about things that matter?

Or we just argue about computer-parts and missiles?

So much for the power of the internet connecting us in a meaningful way.

Just saying.

To maintain a sense of comity and decorum ? Would you have these forums devolve into Twitter ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Based on the diversity of users, and the multinational community on these forums, it's probably hard to have an opinion of current events that won't ruffle some feathers. Whatever's happening, there's probably lots of people on both sides of the issue.

So let's keep things civil. Talk about flight sims on the flight sim forums and find some other place to argue with strangers about politics.

To maintain a sense of comity and decorum ? Would you have these forums devolve into Twitter ?
Yeah i get it.

Not every forum has to discus every matter.
Every forum i know doesn't allow these type of discussions.

On the other hand i wonder if all discussions are flawed, it's more about beating chests and taking sides. Of all the motivations to engage in discussion i think an honest interest in truth is the rarest one.

''Every forum''? If you are frequenting gaming forums or other topic specific sites, yeah, that's gonna be pretty common. Maybe you should try one that is specifically aimed at politics. Plenty of em exist, you must not be looking very hard.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Some thoughts:

1. No they're NOT draconian. I've seen a variety of different terms and conditions. These are here because ED need to cover their ass from a legal perspective and ALSO to ensure that we as forum members play nicely. From my perspective, this is probably the least toxic forum that I attend, and those rules help it stay that way

2. There's plenty of other forums around for you to voice your political views on. Do it there.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team

This is a product forum for DCSWorld

There are other places to discuss political, social or cultural issues.

If you are ever not sure about a topic please feel free to PM me or another moderator for guidance.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2