X-55 Moving axis problem

Hello there,

I am having this issue as seen on the video. If I move only the right throttle, it will move only the right one. If I move only the left throttle, after reaching a certain point the right one syncs and advances together (it is still in idle physically). Can that be a software issue? I am not running Saitek's software because I really don't like it. Or should I open it and see if there are any crazy wires moving around?

This also happens in X-Plane.

202 G. "Irish" Machado - AO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON 83

http://www.vfa-83.com

looks like a broken wire in the left throttle mate, said wire is probably the 'lock pin' that allows independent throttle control.

the wire is failing, so as you move through the full range, the wire loses connection and the software asumes the pin has been moved to the 'lock' position. the wires in both throttles are a common fault on all x55. iv had to rewire and modify mine twice now.

about 12 screws to remove the base cover, 2 screws holding the throttle in position, 3 or 4 screw clamping the throttle lever together and a loom that unplugs both ends iirc. left hand throttle only has about 4 wires, its the right hand throttle thats the real pain in the a55, when that goes its a world o pain

the only other thing i can think of is use a USB 3 powered hub for the throttle, needs alot of juice to power the damn thing, you can get 'button ghosting' if theres not enough power

MM

looks like a broken wire in the left throttle mate, said wire is probably the 'lock pin' that allows independent throttle control.

the wire is failing, so as you move through the full range, the wire loses connection and the software asumes the pin has been moved to the 'lock' position. the wires in both throttles are a common fault on all x55. iv had to rewire and modify mine twice now.

about 12 screws to remove the base cover, 2 screws holding the throttle in position, 3 or 4 screw clamping the throttle lever together and a loom that unplugs both ends iirc. left hand throttle only has about 4 wires, its the right hand throttle thats the real pain in the a55, when that goes its a world o pain

the only other thing i can think of is use a USB 3 powered hub for the throttle, needs alot of juice to power the damn thing, you can get 'button ghosting' if theres not enough power

MM

MM,

Thanks! I brought it to my lab today as I lack resources in my house. Hopefully it all goes well.

I connect them directly to my motherboard, so no USB hubs.

202 G. "Irish" Machado - AO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON 83

http://www.vfa-83.com