TM Warthog Binding Help

Is there a way to map a keystroke to one of the Warthog switches in a way that flipping the switch up enables the function, and down again disables it?

E.g. I've got the Radar Altimeter switch set to "radar on" for all my FC3 planes, but I have to flip it up for on, then down THEN up again for off...... how do I set it so that flipping it down again disables my radar and stuff like that?

Would rather do this without going down the T.A.R.G.E.T route please, I've heard it's a nightmare.

Thanks

Look at MapKeyR.

MapKey(&Throttle, RDRNRM, Radar_Toggle);
MapKeyR(&Throttle, RDRNRM, Radar_Toggle);

EDIT: I truly fail to understand why people find it easier to decode and modify the diff.lua or lua files, than to use Target.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is there a way to map a keystroke to one of the Warthog switches in a way that flipping the switch up enables the function, and down again disables it?

E.g. I've got the Radar Altimeter switch set to "radar on" for all my FC3 planes, but I have to flip it up for on, then down THEN up again for off...... how do I set it so that flipping it down again disables my radar and stuff like that?

Would rather do this without going down the T.A.R.G.E.T route please, I've heard it's a nightmare.

Thanks

There is, but it's done by modifying your default.lua script for your aircraft controls so if you're like me, that's no fun at all. In some places on the forums, people have made custom bindings for us Warthog users (like an awesome one for the MiG-21 that I use to make use of all my 2 and 3 position switches). Whether you find one or make it yourself, every single DCS update will screw it up and require you to re-do it. Also if they ever significantly change the keybindings (like how they added the HDD HUD repeater in the -27 and -29) for an aircraft, you'll have to modify the new .lua file in a similar manner or wait for an updated one to show up on the forums. Otherwise, you won't be able to bind whatever new function they've added.

Overall though, it is WAAAAY nicer than trying to futz around with that godawful T.A.R.G.E.T. software. Good luck, hope it all works out well!

You would need to create an entire Target profile but, if you did...

Radar_Toggle would be defined as your radar on/off command in the sim.

The first command says when I flip the switch (I used the Radar Altimeter switch in the example) to the on position then send this key command. The second command says, when I move the switch out of the on position then send the same key command.

It is not a perfect solution and editing lua files will do basically the same thing, except updates may break them. I prefer Target since it will not need to be changed unless ED actually changes the keystrokes for the function that I am using.

I have been using the same Target profiles through many versions of DCS World, without having them broken by an update.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: