Looking for some more BuDs (BUsy DadS) to fly and chat with? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #71
Zeagle

My idea of a squad is kind of like ENO's.. fly, have fun, don't be a !@#$. Fly in a realistic manner (no bomb and bail stuff). And just enjoy winging with your buds. Half the fun of a mission is flying out and flying back checking for damage, etc with the highly probable emergency landing to follow.

I like to design missions. A week is about right for a two hour type scenario. It is very time consuming to build a scenario.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #72
chamelean90

Hi, as a busy dad I would be very keen to join. Jersey, Channel Islands, UK, other side of the pond. I have AV8B (Favourite), F14, F18, F5 and try to fly for at least 1 hour every evening (7PM GMT), a lot more flexibility on Friday & Saturday evening.

I also use Trackir, I have DCS working with SRS (for Hoggit Training), Discord and my most recent enjoyment (much to the wife's questioning looks) is the Hotas Warthog.
PC is i7-8700, 32gb RAM, GTX 1080Ti.
chamelean90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #73
GTFreeFlyer

I will contact you. Thanks.

For anyone else interested, you can just PM me directly with a similar intro as above and it will speed things up. Cheers to all.
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #74
GTFreeFlyer

The group has grown quite nicely and we’ve got over 70 now. There are typically 3-4 on at a given time with as much as 10 when it’s busy. There are still some slots in the day where it’s empty, so more are welcome. Just shoot me a PM if the original post looks like something you’d be interested in. We’ve got a great little community of guys who just have fun and/or help each other out. Lots of guys have made friends and taken each other into their other formal squads. In between squad nights, the guys seem to hang out in BuDs for the casual laid back experience to change things up. There’s a different mission and/or training going on each night and a few guys have put up dedicated servers with our favorite missions so that we can play them any time.

Cheers all!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #75
SmirkingGerbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFreeFlyer View Post
. . . We’ve got a great little community of guys who just have fun and/or help each other out. Lots of guys have made friends and taken each other into their other formal squads. In between squad nights, the guys seem to hang out in BuDs for the casual laid back experience to change things up. There’s a different mission and/or training going on each night and a few guys have put up dedicated servers with our favorite missions so that we can play them any time.

Cheers all!

Can confirm. The mission diversity and folks you can fly with is more than you could ask for. Having a blast in this group. The knowledge transfer regarding all things DCS, however arcane, is outstanding!

I find that if you hang out in a voice channel, or on a map or mission - channel, in no time you will have a few friends in a variety of air frames to get your daily ration of flight, gun runs, and glory . . . some nice night missions also.

SmirkingGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #76
D0rmicum

Sorry for posting here but tried to send a PM to GTFreeFlyer and it seems it didn't work as my browser crashed every time I tried to send one and my sent box is still empty. Apologize if they went through and I'm bombing you with PMs (4) and this post - wasn't my intention.
Being a BuD located in the middle of Europe I'd be really happy to join your community, as it's a little bit odd just flyin on my own. Would be great to be part of a community where it's possible to discuss all kind of topics and support each other without having fixed slots where you must be online - just doesn't work for me.
Main modules for the moment are the F-14 and Huey but love to fly the Spitfire as well (still have some "issues" when it comes to land) Looking Forward to hear from you if you still have some open positions within your group.

Maps: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandie

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HTC Vive pro
D0rmicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #77
CL30

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0rmicum View Post
Sorry for posting here but tried to send a PM to GTFreeFlyer and it seems it didn't work as my browser crashed every time I tried to send one and my sent box is still empty. Apologize if they went through and I'm bombing you with PMs (4) and this post - wasn't my intention.
Being a BuD located in the middle of Europe I'd be really happy to join your community, as it's a little bit odd just flyin on my own. Would be great to be part of a community where it's possible to discuss all kind of topics and support each other without having fixed slots where you must be online - just doesn't work for me.
Main modules for the moment are the F-14 and Huey but love to fly the Spitfire as well (still have some "issues" when it comes to land) Looking Forward to hear from you if you still have some open positions within your group.
PM coming, D0rmicum!
i5-9600k | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS
CL30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #78
CHSStarKiller

What's the link to your guys discord?
CHSStarKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #79
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSStarKiller View Post
What's the link to your guys discord?

Our link is not public. I’ll shoot you a PM
Old 06-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #80
Snowy55

Would you accept a busy granddad? I still have a full time job. My son has just been accepted into the RAAF and he and I are getting into DCS. He is in Australia and I am mostly in the UK with stints back home in Aus.

Last edited by Snowy55; 06-28-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Snowy55 is offline   Reply With Quote