Strafing moving ground targets?

Tiramisu

I am always having big problems to hit moving targets like tanks with my guns. Bombs can hit them, if they are strong or smart enough, but strafing is almost impossible for me.

Is it even legit to attack moving targets on the ground this way or do I have to limit myself to non-moving ones?

Is it even legit to attack moving targets on the ground this way or do I have to limit myself to non-moving ones?

Of course it is. It's a bit of a matter of practice and maybe of choice of targets. The tougher main battle tanks of course aren't that impressed with your 20mm, but trucks and APCs sure are.

If you have problems hitting moving targets in a strafing run, I recommend you to align your strafe runs on the direction of movement of the target.

That way you only have to aim a bit in front of target, but the gun dispersion will work on your favour (dispersion is mainly in the longitudinal fire axis)

Takes a bit more of preparation, but it is worth the effort.

The A10C also has a nice aid for attacking moving targets, but I don't think any other plane has it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I like to attack from behind in the same direction they are travelling, and follow through from tail to in front of the target. Seems to work ok for me.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2