Rejoice! The VR performance update comes next week!!

Jarhead_SGT

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:):):):):)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3930888#post3930888

DCS World Open Beta Update

Due to a third-party module not being quite ready in time to make the Open Beta 2.5.5 release this week, we have to push 2.5.5 to next Wednesday, 5 June. We apologize for the delay. We hope you will enjoy the Open Beta update that will include VR optimization for the Caucasus and Persian Gulf maps, as well as AGM-154 JSOW for the Hornet.

Me so happy !! :pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So should I hold off my video card upgrade until the 5th at least too see what the new updates bring to the performance table?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Nice, sadly only for two of the map areas. But I’ll take it very happily.

I’m rather intrigued how how much of a difference this will make, certainly the statement of 50% improvement is a rather large leap. IF they have managed this it will change DCS for so many, and perfect timing too.

I’m setting up my old Rift on my Bros Pc ( My old PC ) on Tues so he can finally get to use VR. With this new Performance boost, then it should run rather nicely.

I’m rather excited to see what they have managed to pull off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

My guess is that the 50% will be a rough average, taken across several test units.

In practice, there’s almost certainly going to be variances across hardware.

So I’m predicting a host of the usual complaints on thurs of:

“I’m only getting 40%”, or more likely

“I’m seeing no improvement” from players whose GPUs are being bottlenecked by their CPU.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yeah, an average maybe on higher end pc’s. I just want the ghosting and stuttering to stop. If I can have those issues resolved and keep 40fps on my Rift S I’ll be one very happy chappy.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

My guess is that the 50% will be a rough average, taken across several test units.

“I’m seeing no improvement” from players whose GPUs are being bottlenecked by their CPU.

even if it's 1/2 of that, I'd be happy. Anything to add a little more performance. ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Honestly, although every little improvement is good to have, I don't expect this to be a game changer.

Even a 50% improvement only allow to go from pd 1.2 to between 1.4 and 1.5, all other things being equal. That's not really a massive improvement. :)

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

50% IS massive . There are other uses to which that performance gain may be put to use besides PD :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Actually we don't know if its a CPU improvement or GPU... I hope its actually the former. Like some way of drastically reducing draw calls.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I do think we will see a CPU unload , but i think the GPU will unload as well . The only question is how much of which , and we'll know very soon !

We should make bets ;)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I betcha i'm gonna be happy :)

My Rift S locks at 40fps, despite the fact that I get over 100fps at 4k resolution in standard 2d. Due to that I assume my "actual" FPS is somewhere closers to 60 or 70 and the Rift is doing some form of half vsync thing like some monitors do? If that's the case and if this patch does give a large boost I may actually find myself popping from 40fps to 80fps!

I'm temper my expectations of course but it would be sweet if that happened.

EDIT: Actually I just realized this doesn't include the Nevada map which is the only map I've actually played on.

Edited by agathorn

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Everyone really needs to low ball their expectations, firmly believe only see an improvement in cpu intensive areas like cities. Don’t expect a miracle unless it’s a huge down grade in graphics and that will be unfortunate. Will see come Wednesday only issues I currently have are AI bogging the sim down and killing frames, not terrain issues.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I still don't get why graphical features impact CPU performance so much....they should be working from the GPU.

In general yes, but there is a certain amount of work the CPU has to do each frame to prepare and upload the necessary data to the GPU for it to be rendered. This traditionally was not done in a very efficient manner by today's standards and why newer technologies like Vulkan are important, as they allow for more efficient use of the power of modern GPUs by reducing the amount of prep work the CPU has to do, thus meaning the GPU isn't waiting on the CPU as much.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

My Rift S locks at 40fps, despite the fact that I get over 100fps at 4k resolution in standard 2d. Due to that I assume my "actual" FPS is somewhere closers to 60 or 70 and the Rift is doing some form of half vsync thing like some monitors do? If that's the case and if this patch does give a large boost I may actually find myself popping from 40fps to 80fps!

I'm temper my expectations of course but it would be sweet if that happened.

EDIT: Actually I just realized this doesn't include the Nevada map which is the only map I've actually played on.

Just download the Caucasus map it's free and a great map, the best in my opinion

Indeed.

Caucasus is far nicer than Nevada... but more taxing on hardware also :)

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

I still don't get why graphical features impact CPU performance so much....they should be working from the GPU.

To greatly oversimplify :).

CPU has to tell GPU what to actually draw, ground, planes, trees, shadows etc. This is one of the reasons Pimax with its wide FOV runs so bad, it has to draw more things which is bad for CPU and GPU. Lower FOV, less things to draw, Greater FOV more things to draw. Same with GFX options, like shadows, more stuff to draw. Drawing stuff takes both CPU and GPU.

In terms of resolution, thats more of GFX card thing than a CPU thing, cpu says draw things XYZ, at res A or Res B and the GFX card runs with that. Other things like super sampling are more or less GPU dependent, but ask yourself which takes more processing to: Draw a scene at 2160x2160 versus. Draw a secene at 2160x2400 (rift cv at pd2) then super sample that scene, and then down sample that scene to 1080x1200. (then add MSAA on top of both etc).

Edited by Harlikwin

Nineline just said: "In the move to the 2.5.5 branch, the VR performance for the ED maps, unfortunately, did not transfer over correctly. The team is aware and will be working to move this optimization to 2.5.5 as soon as possible."

I guess we'll have to wait a bit more than expected...