** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 ** - Page 40 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 05:42 AM   #391
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquaii View Post
Currently he can read out stuff incorrectly and then correct himself. He won't make input errors atm but who knows in the future? :-)
When he makes input errors you can rename him Home Fries AI!

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:44 AM   #392
F14luvr

Watching Jester in the latest videos amazes me. He sounds so organic and real.

The F-14 module will be a game changer in the DCS community for sure.
F14luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #393
MRSHADO

I'm just looking forward to someone else doing the typing!

You all know how hard it is inputting new Target or Navigation waypoints in single seat DCS aircraft like the A-10C (OMG) or the Hornet.

Take your time, Jester - get it right. I can be doing other things like flying the jet.

MRSHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #394
Birko

Apart from when he occasionally sounds a little inorganic "there is-a... bandit!" his callouts are so fluid and human. Even WIP it's still great. I play single-player mainly so Jester is a godsend.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #395
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSHADO View Post
I'm just looking forward to someone else doing the typing!

You all know how hard it is inputting new Target or Navigation waypoints in single seat DCS aircraft like the A-10C (OMG) or the Hornet.

Take your time, Jester - get it right. I can be doing other things like flying the jet.
The A10c isn't that bad. Put that couch in orbit and add a next waypoint with one button then enter the coordinates using the cdu keyboard. The hardest part for me is I fly in VR so I'd have to memorize the coordinates quickly.

I'm glad to have jester for my single player stuff, which will make things a lot easier assuming the wheel is simple to operate in VR.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #396
Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko View Post
Apart from when he occasionally sounds a little inorganic "there is-a... bandit!" his callouts are so fluid and human. Even WIP it's still great. I play single-player mainly so Jester is a godsend.
I'm exclusively in SP so I know what you're saying. Until I found out about Jester I thought I was going to have to skip this module, glad to have AAIAI
MFG Crosswind
Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
Razer Orbweaver Stealth
Corsair K70 RGB LUX
SteelSeries Rival 600
Intel i7-8770K
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 Ti
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [FA-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis]
Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #397
AnvilUSMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquaii View Post
Currently he can read out stuff incorrectly and then correct himself. He won't make input errors atm but who knows in the future? :-)

So, speaking for myself, I have a 4 year old and another on the way. My time playing is limited to say the least. If I have to have my one flight on some given week jacked up by an AI so smart it is stupid, I probably won't be happy. I think it is a cool idea and all. But I think you can see where I'm coming from.
AnvilUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #398
Jarhead0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnvilUSMC View Post
So, speaking for myself, I have a 4 year old and another on the way. My time playing is limited to say the least. If I have to have my one flight on some given week jacked up by an AI so smart it is stupid, I probably won't be happy. I think it is a cool idea and all. But I think you can see where I'm coming from.

I'm in the same boat. 5 year old and another on the way. Game time is priceless.

Semper Fi.
Jarhead0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #399
Eldur

Quote:
When he sais "The Bandit... is going down", it always reminds me of this as it sounds so similarly in how the voice flows and somehow I guess it might even be intended due to the release time frame...
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #400
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Arma?

"ENEMY... MAN... 200... METERS.... FRONT....."
"ENEMY.... TECHNICAL.....FAR"

Flying Group: www.infinitygamercorps.com
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote