Patch 1.2.1 for "LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure you should overestimate the gains of shifting the sound engine to a separate thread. There will be a gain, yes, but it's a relatively small component when it comes to processor cycles compared to cockpit, avionics, simulations, ballistics and so on. Personally I'm more hyped about the pure feature gains, like getting properly sonic-boomed by people flying FC2 jets nearby and proper sound delays with distance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes a bit, if you have multi-core (who doesn't these days, right?).

The sound engine is implemented in software and is multi-threaded.

As for the Eagle thing *shrug* It was important to get it (and everything else) to perform as properly as possible ... I think that little short-lived mistake was a pretty small price to pay given the rest of the envelope fixes for all planes.

Very nice ,ty...That will give us nice performance boost.

Oh yes, i almost forgot, one + for low speeds fixed Eagle...;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It means closure. As in, the component of velocity vector in the direction of the radar platform.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I found "old" FC 2.0 bugs after installing the patch (of my clean version).

- A-10A: artificial horizon is still limited on 30° banks.

- A-10A: distance to waypoint still frozen, if i switch to combat modes.

- F-15C: if you carry 3 tanks and drop the two wingtanks, you still have insufficient fuel remain (about 14.600 lbs ... if i start with the centerline tank only, i have about 17.000 lbs).

screenshot341a.th.jpg

kind regards,

fire

PS: Waiting for the next FC 2.0 patch ... :helpsmilie:

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I think that little short-lived mistake was a pretty small price to pay given the rest of the envelope fixes for all planes.

Aye - Never before has So Much been Said about So Little to So Many by So Few......:P

To All Concerned - Ta for the effort in releasing the patch in Very Good Time: Appreciated :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

- A-10A: distance to waypoint still frozen, if i switch to combat modes.

Are you sure that is not addressed inculding the HSI. FYI to ED development/Beta testers, it is WORKING fine on FC 1.12b

if they dont address that, that is an major disappointment.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Are you sure that is not addressed inculding the HSI. FYI to ED development/Beta testers, it is WORKING fine on FC 1.12b

if they dont address that, that is an major disappointment.

Yes, i'm sure. In FC 1.12b it works fine. But since FC 2.0, it's a bug again.

kind regards,

fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to BS-FC2 joint ops in LOCERF style.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

A few bugs reported pre 1.2.1 has not been fixed, we must assume some had to be postponed due to resource-constraints.

I thought Wags said there's no plan to fix HSI range freezing bug because it is deep code issue.

I thought Wags said there's no plan to fix HSI range freezing bug because it is deep code issue.

We don't talk about the HSI range bug ... we talk about the HUD range bug. This range was ok (in combat modes) in FC 1.12.

kind regards,

fire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- F-15C: if you carry 3 tanks and drop the two wingtanks, you still have insufficient fuel remain (about 14.600 lbs ... if i start with the centerline tank only, i have about 17.000 lbs).

Did you burn any fuel prior to dropping them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Still confused here. Is this not the patch that will integrate black shark with fc2 multiplayer? Is this the big patch weve all been waiting for?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

No this is the patch before that patch...

Still confused here. Is this not the patch that will integrate black shark with fc2 multiplayer? Is this the big patch weve all been waiting for?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Kingneptune

This is a patch to Flaming Cliffs 2. FC2 already has the capability to fly with DCS:BS. It had that from original release. The problem is that this didn't go both ways - DCS:BS being an older product did not have the ability to integrate with the other application.

So this is a patch to FC2. It is completely irrelevant to DCS/FC2 integration (almost).

Next patch is a patch to DCS:BS (1.0.2), which will give DCS:BS the ability to hook up with FC2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

are we gonna have to wait another month for that patch?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

DCS:BS 1.0.2 patch is in Release Candidate stage. I don't know when it'll be done, but that on it's own means it'll be soon.

The reason for why the FC2 patch happened first is basically that it would be pretty silly to first patch DCS:BS, then patch FC2, and then notice that you broke the DCS:BS integration and have to patch it again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

ANTI-CHEATING MEASURES

To prevent cheating by exploiting altered visibility range settings in the graphics.cfg file, the the \Config\ServerGraphics.cfg has been created. Some parameters of graphics.cfg are exported to this file, which is included in the file integrity check system for online play. If the file contents on the client machine differ from the host’s, the client will not be able to connect.

What graphic parameters are exported?

I have a bit of a low end PC/VGA, had to tweak it a bit to be able to play online

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.