Close Combat Mode radar lock issues

elgeorgio

Hi all !

I have been lately enjoying this fabulous module in on-line, close air to air dogfights.

I am unable to have decent control of what the radar is locking onto.

Typical procedure :

- Select special modes - bore mode and Magic2 missiles.

- Lock an aircraft that is inside the bore circle of the HUD.

- Unlock/release lock (with backspace).

- Let the aircraft go way outside the bore sensitive area.

- Activate bore mode again : The same aircraft is automatically locked again !!

I have similar issues with all special modes (horizontal and vertical), where I am mainly unable to release lock from the last aircraft and select a new one. I have to turn my aircraft way off the last target before a new one is selected/locked.

Imagine the frustration of having a friendly locked and a swarm of enemies running around you...

Please note that the missile's tracker lock/release is working fine, but without radar I have no distance information.

I have also noticed that any target above mine, is not shown in the radar when I start a climb with this target on the center of my HUD (with plenty of time for all scan lines to complete several cycles). Is the pitch of the aircraft ignored in the radar modelling ?

Many thanks for the help,

I would Love to be corrected as this is by far my best loved module.

Cheers !

DCS version : 1.5.5.60565.216

Jep it's a long standing problem, nothing you can do about it right now (except moving the first locked target out of your radar gimbals by turning away). Maybe this issue could be revisited by the devs once the module gets fine tuned.

I have also noticed that any target above mine, is not shown in the radar when I start a climb with this target on the center of my HUD (with plenty of time for all scan lines to complete several cycles). Is the pitch of the aircraft ignored in the radar modelling ?

This is normal behaviour and works as intended. The radar is fixed to the horizon, not your aircrafts pitch or roll (within the gimbal limits of course). Pointing the nose doesn't move the radar cone. If you want to look up, use radar elevation.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, a status update on this one would be nice. This, to me at least, is a big ticket item

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Folks a fix is now being tested.

The problem was that the autolock filter is using a fixed radar aperture, but the aperture changes with CCM mode. If the fix works it will be available on next update.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The problem was that the autolock filter is using a fixed radar aperture, but the aperture changes with CCM mode. If the fix works it will be available on next update.

Nice, thanks for the info :thumbup:

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I remember when you first tried to fix it and said you would leave it until later since finding a solution was slowing you down in other areas, and I could not be happier to hear that there might be a fix on the horizon!

Great job Zeus, your work is much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

• 4 months later...