Who has recieved baackseat L-39C Instruction? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
viperdogsnake

Default Who has recieved baackseat L-39C Instruction?

Was wondering what your experience was and how effective you thought it was. We use it extensively in my group and it seems to be enjoyable to all who have partaken. It'd be nice to get other opinions to show the masses how useful the bird is.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
pappavis

Send a message via MSN to pappavis Send a message via Yahoo to pappavis

I'd love to but no-one in our squad flies it.

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

<a href=http://159thgar.com/forums/index.php target=_blank><a href=http://www.the159th.com/sigs/159th_pappavis.jpg target=_blank>http://www.the159th.com/sigs/159th_pappavis.jpg</a></a>

SPECS: AMD 8xcores 3,6Ghz 16gigs RAM, Geforce GTX980 4Gb, Matrox Dualhead2Go, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, HTC Vive, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G35 Headset, 2x 256Gb SSD, 1x 2Tb storage
pappavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Yeah, the main issue is it requires folks to purchase a module they might not otherwise own .In our group, I've found that the experienced pilots seem to be the ones drawn to the trainers whereas the folks who could really benefit from them tend to shy away in favor of combat modules.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #4
viperdogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
Yeah, the main issue is it requires folks to purchase a module they might not otherwise own .In our group, I've found that the experienced pilots seem to be the ones drawn to the trainers whereas the folks who could really benefit from them tend to shy away in favor of combat modules.
Very true statement.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #5
Datek

I let my wife ride in the back and was very careful not to metion the hood because I knew what would happen. Luckily she didn't notice the control knob for it.

All was well for a while until she figured how to shut off the engine. She ejected soon after and left me plumeting to my doom since I don't know how to restart in mid air and my ejections seat wouldn't fire. DCS can be just like real life sometimes.
Datek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:23 AM   #6
Kippy

The L-39 is a must have module. There is a fairly decent number of people in DCS who understand the basics of aviation; lesser known things to many casual DCS players. (such as traffic patterns, overhead joins, etc) The L-39 allows the experienced simmers to pass this knowledge on to more casual simmers. I have taken three people up in my L-39C as "students" so far, and I was just amazed at what a great learning tool it was for them. One of these said "students" has nearly twice the time I have in the A-10, but didn't know how to fly a traffic pattern. Unfortunately, feefifofum is correct, the people who would be benefited the most by the L-39 tend to shy away towards combat modules. I wish this wasn't true. The casual crowd is here to have fun, but the L-39 offers fun as well as a learning experience for nearly every flight. I don't think the casual crowd really knows this yet.
Kippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:52 AM   #7
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
The L-39 is a must have module. There is a fairly decent number of people in DCS who understand the basics of aviation; lesser known things to many casual DCS players. (such as traffic patterns, overhead joins, etc) The L-39 allows the experienced simmers to pass this knowledge on to more casual simmers. I have taken three people up in my L-39C as "students" so far, and I was just amazed at what a great learning tool it was for them. One of these said "students" has nearly twice the time I have in the A-10, but didn't know how to fly a traffic pattern. Unfortunately, feefifofum is correct, the people who would be benefited the most by the L-39 tend to shy away towards combat modules. I wish this wasn't true. The casual crowd is here to have fun, but the L-39 offers fun as well as a learning experience for nearly every flight. I don't think the casual crowd really knows this yet.
Well said!

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1 | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II /w MCG PRO

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:25 AM   #8
Lino_Germany
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datek View Post
I let my wife ride in the back and was very careful not to metion the hood because I knew what would happen. Luckily she didn't notice the control knob for it.

All was well for a while until she figured how to shut off the engine. She ejected soon after and left me plumeting to my doom since I don't know how to restart in mid air and my ejections seat wouldn't fire. DCS can be just like real life sometimes.

Lino_Germany
Lino_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:37 AM   #9
Raphy

I own the module and I'd love to get instruction from a fellow pilot in the backseat ! Would be so great, but I don't know anyone who owns the module...
Raphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #10
tom1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
I own the module and I'd love to get instruction from a fellow pilot in the backseat ! Would be so great, but I don't know anyone who owns the module...
I've just bought the module, I'd be really happy for some instruction in how things work. It would be great if there was a way of purchasing a squadron licence to train up new members, rather than each member having to buy it. I understand the motive behind it, but it would be great if there was a way of doing this with training aircraft for a registered DCS Squadron.
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
  • Oculus Rift CV1
tom1502 is offline   Reply With Quote