Past or future?

JuanOscar

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst people try to figure out what we are talking about, here is a video to pass the time with... ;)

Best regards,

Tango.

If you guys are doing the F-104, can you post a link where I can send my money to, so that I may pre-order this. :)

Edited by Mode1961

I have to say ... IF AvioDev is doing an F-104, and since ED is doing an L-39, and IF the image of the F-5 from DCS 2.0 which is floating around is flyable, then someone has been peeking at my wish list :)

And if they have ... then can I have the T-38 as well ? ;)

Whilst people try to figure out what we are talking about, here is a video to pass the time with... ;)

Best regards,

Tango.

In fat im complaining but I ill buy F-104 to support you.

Like I buy MI-8,ka-50 and Huey but im not fan of helicopters.:joystick:

Just show me some video of your model moving. :smartass:

Rafale is doing the same "whale" sound.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Regarding the F104 startup video... what causes the whale sound when the pilot reduces throttle.

The engine intakes?

Unlike many fighters, the Starfighter has primary and secondary nozzles. At around 87% N2 or so, this primary nozzle is not fully closed, and the gap produced howls due to the bypass airflow that is re-introduced into the exhaust becoming turbulent and causing vibration.

That is why J79 equipped Starfighters howl. 8)

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

Unlike many fighters, the Starfighter has primary and secondary nozzles. At around 87% N2 or so, this primary nozzle is not fully closed, and the gap produced howls due to the bypass airflow that is re-introduced into the exhaust becoming turbulent and causing vibration.

[...]

That is why J79 equipped Starfighters howl. 8)

Best regards,

Tango.

In addition to that - you might wonder why the F-4 doesn't make the famous howl, while it's the same engine?!?

Well it is the same engine, apart from one difference. The exhaust main nozzle (if I recall correctly!) was slightly longer on the 104. Because of what Tango described and my "extra", it makes the (awesome!!!) howl :)

So what is next fighter? F-4 or F-(10)4?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Although I couldn't exactly be mad about somebody building an F-4, I'd still prefer an F-104G/S or F-5E. The Starfighter is one of my dream DCS jets, so I'm still holding out hope that's what you guys choose, especially if you go for the modernized F-104S.

Edited by Why485

I had already posted on the Who wants a EFM F-104 thread in DCS Wishlist.And i would gladly pay up for an Lockheed fighter like the F-104.But i'll also get the Mirage F.1 too when it eventually comes out.Any chance you guys are thinking about developing the CASA Aviocar,Mirage III,AV-8 Matador,F-4 Phantom II or any other type of aircraft in the Spanish AF or Navy.:music_whistling:

I buy any mirage day one no matter the price.

I'm french so piloting a dassault fighter is a luxury for me. :)

Sell it 100$ I buy sell it 200$ i will still buy.

I buy any mirage day one no matter the price.

I'm french so piloting a dassault fighter is a luxury for me. :)

Sell it 100$ I buy sell it 200$ i will still buy.

Go ahead and support them now then, donate to AvioDev or Razbam $150 and it might speed up the developement. Then buy the module for $49 like the rest of us. ^^

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just dont know where to donate. :(

I just dont know where to donate. :(

Just send them a pm I'm sure they'll help you out :) Considering AvioDev is focusing on the starfighter now I'd support Razbam which is actively working on the Mirage 2000 from now on. :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=112230&d=1422582374

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]