1.2.4 bug reports

xcom

I have the TM HOTAS Warthog stick and throttle. I know the UH-1H is in beta, and must say this helicopter is eccentrically difficult to fly. When I take off, to just do a pre-takeoff hover check requires almost full left pedal and extreme aft cyclic movement. The cockpit seams to vibrate greatly when coming out of translational lift. Other than that the bird is beautiful and I'm getting addicted to it!

Try setting your axis tune for both pitch and roll to:

Curves: 0

SaturationY: 70

Yes, SaturationY on both the pitch and roll axis.

Check video description

:pilotfly:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No axis for Brake Pedal in Combined Arms settings. Acceleration axis seems to control both... half braking half accelerating... This is... wrong... we don't play on Xbox controllers...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have a problem specifically with alt tab which may be related to long loading times I experience in the Huey (see here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105217 )

Basically after respawning several times I can't Alt tab to my main Monitor. Show desktop doesn't work at all. I can work on my second monitor but that's only 1024x768

The game is in windowed mode.

To fix it I need to go back to the main editor or main menu. This is a problem specifically because I host quite a lot for our small dcs community. And sometimes I just need to tab out.

I will test if this occurs with other DCS Modules as well and report back

Edit:

Ok. After switching aircraft and alt tabbing like crazy (A-10, Ka-50, P-51D, Su-25) for about 20 minutes I can savely say it only happens with the Huey. Time from pressing play until I spawn in the aircraft in descending order (multiplayer):

A-10C: 2 - 5 seconds, first time after mission is loaded takes about 5seconds after that less.

Ka-50: 1.5 - 3 seconds, first time 3sec after that mostly around 2sec

P-51D: <1 - 1sec, first time about 1 sec after that less than 1sec

Su-51D: <1sec - instantanously. I'm always almost instandly in the cockpit after pressing play

Now here's what just happened in the huey:

first time: ~45-50 seconds

then always that 30-40 seconds

After 5-10 respawns I can't tab out to my main monitor.

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Try setting your axis tune for both pitch and roll to:

Curves: 0

SaturationY: 70

Yes, SaturationY on both the pitch and roll axis.

Check video description

:pilotfly:

makes a huge difference

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Huey Overlay text (that yellow autopilot stuff) isn't positioned properly for nonstandard monitor arrangements.

I run on 3 X 1920x1080 screens in eyefinity for the cameras, then one 1600x900 screen off to the right of those (as in Windows arrangement, physically it's center below middle mon) for exporting MFDs and helios stuff.

In Huey, the yellow overlay text is positioned at the very bottom right of my 1600x900 monitor, and mostly off the bottom and right of the screen. The text that isn't off the edge is under my cougars and MFD exports. I presume this happens because the in-game-options full resolution is 7360x1080, while that monitor is only 900px high. I use the GUI object in the MonitorSetup.lua file to keep breifings and other overlay text centered on the middle 1920x1080 panel. I'd like the Huey stuff to do the same.

Wanted to report that in Greywolf's seperatists aggression mission there are two mision that require static object to be blown up. Two Ammo depots and a command center. The trigger to determine they are dead are "unit dead" Ammo depot and "Unit dead" command Center. i believe the unit's are under structures wharehouses.(sorry at work right now)

The issue is when you begin seperatist agression these two missions report as completed. it appears as though these static units are considered dead even though the Dead check box is unchecked. removing the condition for unit dead in these missions resolves the 'completed' at the begining of the game but then you can not determine when the ammo dumps or the command center are destroyed.

Can someone please verify:

place an ammo dump or a command center on the map

set a one time trigger for unit dead ammo dump

set action to msg all "trigger is evaluated as true"

set plan on map and start mission see if the trigger is evaluated as true at the start of the mission.

thanks

76th Falcon TFB

I will be fixing this issue after I get off work. It is because of Ammo dumps and Command centers being in a new category after the patch. The old category no longer exists and re-saving the mission does not re-categorize them. I will fix this very soon, and also release mission 4. :thumbup:

Thanks

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Grey,

thanks for getting back to me. ya i saw they changed the category and i set them but they still report complete with the unit dead trigger. i set the trigger to also include the active flag also being true to see if this works but have not had a time to to test it out, had to go to work. My expectations is that the mission will spawn and then the complete trigger will be true, but not sure.

Let me know if there is anything i can do for you to help out.

By the way great mission always get alot of compliments on it. Keep up the good work.

thanks

76th Falcon TFB

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

MTrenda, thanks for your help. In order to fix, I just went in the unit list and changed all ammo dump's categories to "warehouse" as they do not exist anymore in the "structures" Category. I also changed the "Command Center" to just "Bunker 2" as there is an issue currently with it in 1.2.4, but is corrected internally.

**Edit, there is also the same issue with static fuel tanks as there is with ammo dumps. Fixing

Edited by graywo1fg

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

MTrenda, thanks for your help. In order to fix, I just went in the unit list and changed all ammo dump's categories to "warehouse" as they do not exist anymore in the "structures" Category. I also changed the "Command Center" to just "Bunker 2" as there is an issue currently with it in 1.2.4, but is corrected internally.

**Edit, there is also the same issue with static fuel tanks as there is with ammo dumps. Fixing

I am a big fan of your missions and sure would appreciate knowing about the SA3 fix and especially SA4. Will you be posting these in the user files section?

I am a big fan of your missions and sure would appreciate knowing about the SA3 fix and especially SA4. Will you be posting these in the user files section?

I will post them in the user files section. But as it could take some time for them to get approved, I will place them in the forum thread here as well. Shouldn't be too much longer to fix the existing missions, however mission 4's release will probably be in a few more hours. Just have some final touch ups on it.

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Managed to fire full auto cannon rounds in the M1A2, could not replicate this bug again.

Sorry about the quality, wanted to upload it ASAP, and my FPS? you know how DCS smoke is :P

Yep I had that problem in Combined Arms, the very first thing I did in the new 1.2.4 was to jump into a m1a1 tank and took one shot with the main barrel, and it kept repeatedly firing by itself, making so much smoke / dust clouds that it stuffed the frame rate on the server.

Probably the same server as you were on (think it was AEF)

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I found an issue with a mission I was building under 1.2.3 where in 1.2.4 the Command Center and Ammunition Depot objects were not showing when you hit "play" from within the Mission Editor to preview the mission. Is this the same issue?

Outlaw688, the Ammo Depot is now in a new category (warehouse) so on old missions where it hasn't been converted manually yet, it will be invisible. The Command Bunker is just broken for the moment, and is already fixed internally. So internally there are no issues.

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Outlaw688, the Ammo Depot is now in a new category (warehouse) so on old missions where it hasn't been converted manually yet, it will be invisible. The Command Bunker is just broken for the moment, and is already fixed internally. So internally there are no issues.

Thanks Graywo1fg!

1-SU-25T sometimes in air-to-air mode can't shoot guns

2-linebacker M6 can't lock with ground-to-air tow

3-Vehicles can't lock

4- Vulcan unit stops by itself when speed is 32-36mph

5-AI F-16 is immortal

6-T-72 can't die with LAV 25's or m2a2 main gun

what else they want(ED) to figure out that 1.2.4 is unacceptable and imbarrising

I have a problem with a lot of statics object

for example

Barrack armed and ural 4320T (in static) dont change heading although I change the course in the editor.

same probelm with road outpost and probably more..

And of course command center don't appears

test.miz

1. My mfcd start up colour has gone BLUE with 1.2.4

2. I see 2 black lines either side of my cockpit when I move my head - a little annoying

3. Can't hit anything anymore in ccrp with wcmd

Anyone else with any of these problems?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

OK, cool. Ta

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |