SAM setup related

mytai01

I'm pretty bummed that it is so complicated just to set up a SAM site in DCS. Don't real SAM sites have organization and Tables of Organization & Equipment (TO&E)? Why is it not intuitive in the game controls on how to setup a working SAM site, or any other unit? At least make it where I can make a Unit of any size organization and add equipment to that unit. I could drop equipment on the map and select them and ADD to Unit (Platoon) or something. This has gotten way to complex to make units and missions. It seems that it takes a huge book to make any good mission. IMO, this is a huge weakness in DCS!

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE more descriptive

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Difficult?

1. Place a group.

2. Include all units tagged SA-XX, or Patriot, or HAWK in the group. Include additional launchers if desired.

3. There is no step three.

There is also an included template for SA-10 and Patriot sites included in the base installation.

Edited by feefifofum

I tried to setup an S-300 site on the Nevada map to test the EW functions of my F/A-18C. I put the CP, LN, SR, and TR. Nothing happened. Then I added ROE and such...Nothing happened.

My point is that I shouldn't even be able to have this kind of problem. The UI shouldn't allow me to get messed up like this at all unless I want it that way on purpose...;)

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Yep. You need one command vehicle, one search and/or track radar, and then however many launchers. Place them relatively close together, and all in the same group. If desired set a ROE or Alert status. All there is to it.

-edit set Alert status to red, which basically means predeployed.

SAMs do not magically appear ready to fire, they have set up times, potentially 30 minutes or more. If you just place them on the map they are in travel state, and will begin setting up once stationary or an enemy is detected. This does not happen instantly, so yes, if you fly overhead and wave nothing will happen.

Basically, you're using default behavior, which is ready to move. If you want them active immediately, they must be set as such.

-edit

Yes, not knowing what you're doing and/or not reading the manual tends to cause this sort of thing. It is not ED's fault you didn't read how to use the editor.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

And here are some free templates for the rest of them.

Thanks for the templates :) at least something useful came out of this rant-post

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Click templates. Select Russia. Select SA-10 site.

ObRxSND.png

Click on the map where you want the SAM site.

UNmG8vs.png

Thanks! But, I want an S-300 site...

Are you serious?

You literally quoted a picture with a big red arrow pointing to S-300PS

I just saw SA-10 and moved on with out further reading. Damn those NATO designations!

I'm pretty bummed that it is so complicated just to set up a SAM site in DCS. Don't real SAM sites have organization and Tables of Organization & Equipment (TO&E)? Why is it not intuitive in the game controls on how to setup a working SAM site, or any other unit? At least make it where I can make a Unit of any size organization and add equipment to that unit. I could drop equipment on the map and select them and ADD to Unit (Platoon) or something. This has gotten way to complex to make units and missions. It seems that it takes a huge book to make any good mission. IMO, this is a huge weakness in DCS!

I had to find videos on youtube that explained how to set them up. There are very good tutorials on youtube.

• 9 months later...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/136413/

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82161

• 2 years later...