Recognize Random Units

boo_n_817

At the end of my mission, after the last bad guy is killed, I have 2 bombers that are randomly generated, so it's 50/50 if they will spawn. I want to generate a 'Sound to Group' to signify that all bad guys are dead but I'm not sure how to recognize whether the bombers will be present or not. Any ideas??

Thanks everyone!

P.S. I'm not a coder

put a large enough zone, check for coalition in zone. If you have red ground forces, check for the bombers group in zone, but make a requirement to the last regular group being monitored for dead as well.

Worst case list all enemy groups you want destroyed, in the condition group in zone.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Set a flag when/if your bombers spawn. FLAG ON (1)

Check if that flag is true; FLAG IS TRUE (1); if true, include GROUP DEAD (bomber) along with any other criteria for success

So

1 ONCE (Mission Complete, NO EVENT)

====

<success criteria>

FLAG IS FALSE (1)

OR

<success criteria>

FLAG IS TRUE (1)

GROUP DEAD (bomber)

====

SOUND TO GROUP (PlayerGroup, You-are-super-awesome.wav)

Set a flag when/if your bombers spawn. FLAG ON (1)

Check if that flag is true; FLAG IS TRUE (1); if true, include GROUP DEAD (bomber) along with any other criteria for success

So

1 ONCE (Mission Complete, NO EVENT)

====

<success criteria>

FLAG IS FALSE (1)

OR

<success criteria>

FLAG IS TRUE (1)

GROUP DEAD (bomber)

====

SOUND TO GROUP (PlayerGroup, You-are-super-awesome.wav)

Thank you for the response, that makes sense to me.

Just so I understand for future missions, if you randomly generate a unit and set a flag, the flag will only be true if the unit spawns?

put a large enough zone, check for coalition in zone. If you have red ground forces, check for the bombers group in zone, but make a requirement to the last regular group being monitored for dead as well.

Worst case list all enemy groups you want destroyed, in the condition group in zone.

I got it to work, thank you!! I had to change the Type to 'Switched Conditions' but your suggestion worked great!

Just so I understand for future missions, if you randomly generate a unit and set a flag, the flag will only be true if the unit spawns?

No, you can directly check for a unit/group/parts of a group/or part of a coalition exists inside, or outside a zone. You don't necessarily need a flag, but you can combine multiple conditions to set a flag and combine multiple flags as condition for actions.

You can make pretty complex stuff this way.

But basically you check a condition either on events, continuous, or on change of the condition and create one or multiple actions.

The actions are done in order of list whenever the condition is true, but independent from each other.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)